Racism within sheffield

What about misogyny?   This I have experienced from some sectors of society.

15 hours ago, ormester said:

Right wing media lol the media is never right  wing  

How do you explain the views expressed in, for instance, The Telegraph, The Daily Express and The Daily Mail, to name but three?

On 12/27/2018 at 9:43 PM, kaytie said:

What about misogyny?   This I have experienced from some sectors of society.

Unless you live in the middle east or El Salvador you really have nothing to complain about.

1 hour ago, Ramjit said:

Unless you live in the middle east or El Salvador you really have nothing to complain 

Well backwards places are steeped in misogyny - more or less all of them.  Whilst the enlighted West are doing better, it's a not perfect by any stretch. You've got a misogynist in the white house . Always work to be done!

5 hours ago, Ramjit said:

Unless you live in the middle east or El Salvador you really have nothing to complain about.

Try telling that to the 139 women killed by men in the UK last year.

11 minutes ago, Halibut said:

Try telling that to the 139 women killed by men in the UK last year.

What % of those women were killed for simply being women?  As tragic as that is, 139 women killed in a country of 60+ million shows we are not a misogynistic country no matter how much you say it is.  

7 minutes ago, Ramjit said:

What % of those women were killed for simply being women?  As tragic as that is, 139 women killed in a country of 60+ million shows we are not a misogynistic country no matter how much you say it is.  

I don't know, but in the year ending March 2016, there were approximately 1.2 million women who reported being the victims of domestic violence in the UK. You'll probably say that's got nothing to do with misogyny either. That's what men like you do.

20 minutes ago, Halibut said:

I don't know, but in the year ending March 2016, there were approximately 1.2 million women who reported being the victims of domestic violence in the UK. You'll probably say that's got nothing to do with misogyny either. That's what men like you do.

Ill ignore your last comments because thats typical of people like you.

How many of the alleged 1.2 million reports (assuming all 1.2 mill are genuine) were women who were attacked, assaulted, called harsh names because they were women and ONLY because they were women?

Edited by Ramjit

10 minutes ago, Ramjit said:

Ill ignore your last comments because thats typical of people like you.

How many of the alleged 12 million reports (assuming all 12 mill are genuine) were women who were attacked, assaulted, called harsh names because they were women and ONLY because they were women?

It's 1.2 million, I missed the decimal point.

To those reading the above; ask yourself what sort of man would try to pretend that misogyny isn't a problem?

N.B. Check out that last sentence in Ramjit's post - precursor to a 'they had it coming' argument or what?

Edited by Halibut

1 minute ago, Halibut said:

It's 1.2 million, I missed the decimal point.

To those reading the above; ask yourself what sort of man would try to pretend that misogyny isn't a problem?

I never claimed it isnt a problem. I named two places where it clearly is a problem.

Thank you for your correction on the numbers.

How many of those alleged 1.2 million women were hit for being a women and only for being a women?

Can we stay on topic please? Racism in Sheffield?

The personal comments and insinuations can also stop.

Thank you.

So, back to topic. Is racism in Sheffield still an issue? Yes, it's still an issue.