Racism within sheffield

3 hours ago, ormester said:

and also  left wing  idiots too

Of course.

It does exist thats certain, I have experienced it first hand.

Never mind racism it may exist but am certain I seen it worse in other places I have lived.

England has something worse than that, the class system is still up and running here.

I'm not so sure that a poll would ever release a true figure. I can't imagine there would be many folk openly admitting to being racist? 

On 17 December 2018 at 8:13 AM, dutch said:

Never mind racism it may exist but am certain I seen it worse in other places I have lived.

England has something worse than that, the class system is still up and running here.

Its behaviourism rather than class.  Class these days seems to relate mainly to money.  Lots of money doesn't equate to consideration, tolerance, a decent work ethic.  Being poor doesn't mean people don't behave decently, are lazy, or don't care about their surroundings.  People bang on about culture - the culture of decent behaviour cuts across all boundaries, just as moronic and nasty behaviour does.  

Having Asian, African, European or any other heritage should not define us, neither should our financial status.  It's how we behave that counts.  Isnt it?

Seems to me that to be anti Muslim is the new form of racism. Same mindset as before same individuals. If Muslims didn't exist they'd find some other  group to hate and blame for all their personal inadequacies.

11 hours ago, Ms Macbeth said:

Its behaviourism rather than class.  Class these days seems to relate mainly to money.  Lots of money doesn't equate to consideration, tolerance, a decent work ethic.  Being poor doesn't mean people don't behave decently, are lazy, or don't care about their surroundings.  People bang on about culture - the culture of decent behaviour cuts across all boundaries, just as moronic and nasty behaviour does.  

Having Asian, African, European or any other heritage should not define us, neither should our financial status.  It's how we behave that counts.  Isnt it?

Sounds like the sort of thing Old Etonian  David Cameron would say " we're all in it together" or " it's not where you're coming from it's where you're going to".

There is a lot of social class snobbery still around, you only have to listen to or watch  the BBC or read the Guardian. Your social class still seems to determine  what sort of life you're going to have. Social liberals like David Cameron seem to think that having more women in politics, Gay rights and having a nuanced approach to drug use 

makes them " right on".

5 hours ago, Ridgewalk said:

Social liberals like David Cameron seem to think that having more women in politics, Gay rights and having a nuanced approach to drug use 

makes them " right on".

isn't being 'right on' a worthy goal?

Unfortunately racism is very much alive and kicking. Many if the dormant racists have been given a new lease of life after the election of Trump, Brexit and the ever more right wing media that have an obsession over dividing our societies in religious or culturalal lines. They love to use stereotypes and it’s amazing how the narrative of the right is used by ordinary people 

10 hours ago, ihsaan said:

Unfortunately racism is very much alive and kicking. Many if the dormant racists have been given a new lease of life after the election of Trump, Brexit and the ever more right wing media that have an obsession over dividing our societies in religious or culturalal lines. They love to use stereotypes and it’s amazing how the narrative of the right is used by ordinary people 

Right wing media lol the media is never right  wing  

Compared to anywhere else, "The west", that political rather than geographical term that basically refers to western Europe, the US, Canada and Australia, is the most tolerant culture on earth, and it has been, and still is, dominated by white males, yet the left will tell you that there is  something uniquely toxic, something uniquely racist, and uniquely misogynistic about this particular group.

3 minutes ago, Hots on said:

Edited by Hots on