Originally posted by starla

i agree there is more trouble down that end but i dont live down there i live at the top end and it is fairly quiet up here....

i was simply placing a comment about the bit on which i live on! x

Fair enough, I know that, especially at near the manor top, it is nowhere near as bad as down near the Parkway.

Originally posted by claiireee

I did some volunteer youth work on the manor over the half-term holiday and I know this gets thrown around a lot but there really is nothing for the kids to do so they find trouble.

So what did you have to do that was far more entertaining when you were that age that prevented you from 'finding trouble'. Which activities have been outlawed exactly.

There is far more to do now than when I was younger (and that ain't that long ago), but I was never that bored. Sure, we did some stupid things, even broke things, but not day after day relentlessly and if we thought there was any chance of getting caught, we were off.

Originally posted by Chloe

IWell if you ask me, people who do pull the Manor down all the time are best to keep away, you're not needed or wanted here.

Why, because we only have businesses there and provide for the local community rather than actually living there, we are not allowed to voice an honest opinion based on our experiences.

If someone is moving to an area, it is only fair that they get a picture of what happens. They will see that there are posts both good and bad, and then they can make their own minds up about whether the area is for them or not.

Well if you ask me, people who do pull the Manor down all the time are best to keep away, you're not needed or wanted here.

I hope anything I've said hasn't offended you or anyone else living on the manor. Like yorkiepudd said, we are only giving our opinion based upon our experiences there and we feel this would be valuable to someone considering living in the area.

It hasn't offended me, I don't take offence that easily. But surely you understand where I'm coming from?? Potential buyers or people moving to here don't need to hear bad things, but good things. I'm sure you'd all feel the same if I went on pulling down the areas you lived in.

Potential buyers or people moving to here don't need to hear bad things, but good things.

They need both the good and bad points. I'd hate to move to an area without being told what it was like. The original poster has got both good and bad reviews of the manor and I'm sure this will influence their decision either way.

I'm sure if you were moving to a new area you'd want to know the good and bad stuff about the area... I know I would!

Nah, I'll always live here, it's where I belong. I just get fed up of people tarring us all with the same brush when it's not like that at all.

Anyway, I don't plan on moving out of here for a LONG time, it's so cheap to live with your parents!!

I just get fed up of people tarring us all with the same brush when it's not like that at all.

Now that is a different thing altogether. i certainly don't think that everyone is like that, 99% of the people we deal with are a pleasure to see, it is just unfortunate that the 1% that cause trouble, (I would say it is limited to 4 or 5 gangs, about 40 individuals in total) are more unruly (uncontrollable, intimidating, however you want to describe it) than in many other areas of Sheffield and make a substantial difference to the aspect of the area as a whole.

Originally posted by t020

Since when was teaching good behaviour dependent on money? If anything, being on the dole should give parents the chance to spend more time with their children and raise them better, though I suspect they'd be too busy watching Trisha and This Morning. It costs nothing to teach good behaviour.

Well said t020:thumbsup:

Well if you ask me, people who do pull the Manor down all the time are best to keep away, you're not needed or wanted here.

Well, if it's still as bad as I remember it to be, then perhaps pulling it down, literally, and starting all over again may be the best thing for it :)

Maybe it would, you're entitled to that opinion. I don't care any more to be honest

Tatty Bye

well pulling it down and re-building is what i'm lead to believe they are doing up there as we have already made £7k on our house and it hasn't even been built yet (house prices going up in property guide), i'm looking forward to moving up to this area because we've been up numerous times and it seems a nice, quiet new area...hope it continues to be ;)

Id like to say that I moved to the Manor, (the new houses just down from manor top, near to the new parklands), nearly 2 years ago.

My fiance has been brought up on the Manor and is a professional, well rounded and well brought up.

Nearly all the houses on the parklands have been snapped up and the 2 bed apartments went for £75k, not cheap I don't think!!!!!

Each to their own but I don't think its that bad where we are.

I agree there could do with being a community centre, well staffed and somewhere to keep the bored kids off the street.