Lazy half reporting by BBC news.

This morning I caught a bit of news on the BBC news 24 channel. An item came up about how gender stereotypes are to be banned in tv adverts, so no showing of women housekeeping or men having a hard time changing babies nappies and so on.

I was waiting to see where this had come from, it must have come from somewhere, I wanted names of individuals or organisations that are calling for these things, but there was nothing!

Why do, and why should, faceless anonymous people, who's ideas will affect society if implemented, be indulged by the media?

6 minutes ago, Hots on said:

Why do, and why should, faceless anonymous people, who's ideas will affect society if implemented, be indulged by the media?

The Committees of Advertising Practice is not faceless or anonymous.

It is the advertising watchdog and its statement follows on from a review by the Advertising Standards Authority. I guess you were too busy spitting out your cornflakes to notice. I know these things upset you.

Now that you have started the thread, maybe you can tell us why gender stereotyping in adverts is a good thing?

2 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

The Committees of Advertising Practice is not faceless or anonymous.

It is the advertising watchdog and its statement follows on from a review by the Advertising Standards Authority. I guess you were too busy spitting out your cornflakes to notice. I know these things upset you.

Now that you have started the thread, maybe you can tell us why gender stereotyping in adverts is a good thing?

The Committees of Advertising Practice wasn't mentioned in the report I saw, but anyway....

This forced social egalitarianism makes me want to vomit.

2 minutes ago, Hots on said:

This forced social egalitarianism makes me want to vomit.

Never been much of a fan of feminism or sexual equality have you?

Just now, Hots on said:

The Committees of Advertising Practice wasn't mentioned in the report I saw, but anyway....

It was, because I saw exactly the same report, unless you have your own special BBC!

Dude, when you start a thread about lazy journalism, the one, single thing you have to do is get your facts right! :hihi: :thumbsup:

5 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

It was, because I saw exactly the same report, unless you have your own special BBC!

Dude, when you start a thread about lazy journalism, the one, single thing you have to do is get your facts right! :hihi: :thumbsup:

but having lazy ignorant right wingers is good, it means the world hasn't turned upside down ;)

There does not seem to be an end to the amount of things that someone wants to ban.

There are terrorists in our society wanting to kill and injure innocent people, children starving in Africa etc, and homeless people sleeping in shop doorways on freezing winter nights in the UK, and we hear & read of people wanting to ban lyrics in songs, and adverts showing men changing nappies and women cleaning.  What is happening ?

1 hour ago, Janus said:

There does not seem to be an end to the amount of things that someone wants to ban.

I know, it's a shocker!

I blame William Wilberforce. Banning slavery was the start of a slipppery slope! :suspect:

1 hour ago, Janus said:

There are terrorists in our society wanting to kill and injure innocent people, children starving in Africa etc, and homeless people sleeping in shop doorways on freezing winter nights in the UK, and we hear & read of people wanting to ban lyrics in songs, and adverts showing men changing nappies and women cleaning.  What is happening ?

They easy answer is the world is going mad.

Angel1.

Edited by ANGELFIRE1

When will the ASA clampdown on those sexist Diet Coke ads with groups  of women ogling over half dressed men? Imaging the opposite.

The BBC News website has largely become a left wing propaganda site, where white heterosexual males are taught to self loathe.

7 minutes ago, WiseOwl182 said:

The BBC News website has largely become a left wing propaganda site, where white heterosexual males are taught to self loathe.

I can imagine what kind of websites you frequent lol! 😂😂😂

Lazy reporting re: Gatwick Drones

What is a Police Unit?  What is 20 Police units?

This phrase has been hand fed to the media by the Police and they have duely repeated it ad infinitum.

Did any of them think what is it,  I think the Public should be told.