Winter weather thread 2018/2019

Thoroughly disappointed this morning. Woken up at 1am and it was snowing heavily where I live (S26) 

Thought to myself that I could introduce my little one to snow now she's old enough to understand it. 

Get up this morning and naff all snow. 

3 hours ago, Resident said:

Thoroughly disappointed this morning. Woken up at 1am and it was snowing heavily where I live (S26) 

Thought to myself that I could introduce my little one to snow now she's old enough to understand it. 

Get up this morning and naff all snow. 

Tuesday is next best chance on higher ground according to Yorkshire Netweather forum

Canal is a bit frozen, wouldn't skate on it.

Travelled into Wakefield  this morning, snow all around and still falling, saw lights flahing on a lorry up ahead, gritter lorry perhaps?, accident?, no they were painting white lines in the middle of the road, couldn't  believe it!

Jogger, in a bit of a snow storm this afternoon, Chesterfield Road Dronfield.

Hooded hi-viz top, skinny leggings that they like to wear....and bare feet.

The mind boggles.

Coming down again in Walkley now.

Good news for a change is that this year Walkley Lane between Walkley and Hillsborough was gritted in time and has stayed ice and snow free, for the first ime in years it hasn't been clogged up with abandoned cars and hapless drivers having to walk home.

Mind you, there's time yet.