The scottish league is a joke

I watched the whole game of the Celtic v Salzburg match - and I was completely gob smacked by the standard of the Scottish Champions.

The majority of their players could barely control the ball and the passing had to be seen to be believed.

The Australian Tom Rogic playing in an advanced midfield position was by far the worst culprit. His passing easily made him Salzburgs  best player.

He is so out of condition stamina wise Celtic were basically playing with ten men when they did not have the ball.

The French striker Edouard had a bit of a shocker too and Sinclair looked so uncomfortable with the ball at his feet especially passing it.

Salzburg should have been a mile ahead at half time but for woeful finishing and a bit of bad luck.

They won all six of their games and could do well in the EPL.

Celtic and Brendan Rodgers on the other hand - better stick to playing with donkeys in the SPL.

Now were  they to draw Chelsea in the knockout - could get very ugly I'm afraid.

Remember they lost something like 7-0 at home to PSG a few years ago!

Edited by MAC33

How long has it taken you to work this out?

Most people have known it for 30 years or more.

Every now and again there is a proposal bandied about to allow Celtic, Rangers, Hibs and Hearts to play in the English Premier league so that they regularly meet opposition of a similar standard.

5 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Every now and again there is a proposal bandied about to allow Celtic, Rangers, Hibs and Hearts to play in the English Premier league so that they regularly meet opposition of a similar standard.

A similar standard of opposition for most of those would be League One - Celtic might survive in the Championship.

13 hours ago, MAC33 said:

I watched the whole game of the Celtic v Salzburg match - and I was completely gob smacked by the standard of the Scottish Champions.

The majority of their players could barely control the ball and the passing had to be seen to be believed.

The Australian Tom Rogic playing in an advanced midfield position was by far the worst culprit. His passing easily made him Salzburgs  best player.

He is so out of condition stamina wise Celtic were basically playing with ten men when they did not have the ball.

The French striker Edouard had a bit of a shocker too and Sinclair looked so uncomfortable with the ball at his feet especially passing it.

Salzburg should have been a mile ahead at half time but for woeful finishing and a bit of bad luck.

They won all six of their games and could do well in the EPL.

Celtic and Brendan Rodgers on the other hand - better stick to playing with donkeys in the SPL.

Now were  they to draw Chelsea in the knockout - could get very ugly I'm afraid.

Remember they lost something like 7-0 at home to PSG a few years ago!

About 4 years or so ago Celtic was drawn against Juventus in the ECL and after being outplayed and out everything elsed they lost 0-3 at home. The manager, Neil  Lennon stated after the game that they would go to the return game in Italy and get a result -he said that with a straight face too after being thumped at home by one of Europe's top teams !- in Turin IL Zibri whacked 'em again, I think 4-1.  Talk about visions of grandeur, who do they think they are ?

Before we get too carried away, let's not forget that Celtic were the first British club to win the European Cup in 1967.

6 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Before we get too carried away, let's not forget that Celtic were the first British club to win the European Cup in 1967.

Only 51 years ago.

They've got at lot worse since - a bit like Hungary - rated best team country team in the world 60 ish years ago -  nowadays doubtful if they are the best team in Hungary.

Edited by Longcol

1 hour ago, Longcol said:

ly 51 years ago.

They've got at lot worse since - a bit like Hungary - rated best team country team in the world 60 ish years ago -  nowadays doubtful if they are the best team in Hungary.

Yes, when I was a kid the best national team in the world was Hungary and the best club team in Britain was Wolves but no English teams entered in the European Cup for them to prove it. 

Edited by St Petre
Add

9 hours ago, St Petre said:

Yes, when I was a kid the best national team in the world was Hungary and the best club team in Britain was Wolves but no English teams entered in the European Cup for them to prove it. 

Just a bit before my time - but from old football annuals handed down by older cousins, I seem to recall Wolves played a few midweek friendlies with some of the crack European teams under the floodlights at Molineux - Honved from Hungary and one of the Moscow teams if memories of about 55 years ago are accurate.

And yet still thee BBC continue to show goals from Scottish matches on the news, this morning they showed the goals from Livingstone and Hearts, why not just show them in Scotland.

23 hours ago, iansheff said:

And yet still thee BBC continue to show goals from Scottish matches on the news, this morning they showed the goals from Livingstone and Hearts, why not just show them in Scotland.

In the late 70's me and my mates used to meet up in the Red Deer on Pitt Street at about 12:30 Saturday lunch for some pints of their glorious Tetleys and to watch "On The Ball" on their colour telly in the back room.

We always used to refer to the section of Scottish action as "Spot the Goalie".  He was usually the one diving to save the post a few seconds after the ball hit the back of the net.

Edited by Longcol

On 12/14/2018 at 7:23 PM, Longcol said:

A similar standard of opposition for most of those would be League One - Celtic might survive in the Championship.

Hence why it's never really gained any traction, they might fancy themselves in the Premiership but in reality most people know Scottish clubs will slip right out and be embarrassingly knocking around the lower leagues.

Their fans will quickly get tired of travelling from places like Aberdeen to visit QPR, get an absolute spanking and having to endure a long ride home.