I'm tempted to buy another Peugeot but don't support closure of the plant at Ryton

Two trades unions have asked the public not to buy because peugeot are closing the plant at ryton and moving it to slovakia(and probaly paying the workers £2 an hour)...ive had two peugeots that have been great but i dont want to support this

I wouldn't let it bother you. It's a French car company and we were lucky to have plants here in the first place. If it was a truly British car company that was outsourcing, then I'd boycott them.

I think it's retribution for the Talbot Sunbeam :)

There are plenty of other reasons to prevent one buying a Peugeot, most of which boil down to the fact that they are generally rubbish when stacked against their rivals. I refer any dissenters to the website of one of my colleagues:

http://sniffpetrol.com/

Rude, but right.

Edited by chri5

thats the trade unions for you isnt it.

They threaten to close the plant to switch manufacture to a cheaper country so trade unions mount a campaign telling people not to buy the cars that THEIR members build.

so everyone boycott Peugeot based on the trade unions advice then Peugeot can close the plant based on low sales so non viability of the plant that way.

Way to go guys to shaft your own members who pay your wages in one quick go.

thats the trade unions for you isnt it.

They threaten to close the plant to switch manufacture to a cheaper country so trade unions mount a campaign telling people not to buy the cars that THEIR members build.

so everyone boycott Peugeot based on the trade unions advice then Peugeot can close the plant based on low sales so non viability of the plant that way.

Way to go guys to shaft your own members who pay your wages in one quick go.

They are in the process of or have closed it haven't they so they aren't really shafting the workers at all.

They are in the process of or have closed it haven't they so they aren't really shafting the workers at all.

You could argue they would be shafting the many Peugeot dealerships around the country though.

Never EVER buy anything French :thumbsup: sorted.

BTW :suspect: an anagram of Peugeot is Tee Pugo - makes you think dunnit?

What a bunch of parochial attitudes we have on here!

If you want to buy a car based on where it was built rather than the price, quality etc go ahead but you won't get the best car for your needs.

If Peugeot want to move the factories due to economic factors - so be it. That justs hows the world market is operating correctly.

Now if the French would stop giving subsidies to unecomonic companies in France we might all benefit!

What a bunch of parochial attitudes we have on here!

If you want to buy a car based on where it was built rather than the price, quality etc go ahead but you won't get the best car for your needs.

If Peugeot want to move the factories due to economic factors - so be it. That justs hows the world market is operating correctly.

Now if the French would stop giving subsidies to unecomonic companies in France we might all benefit!

And that view is precisely why all our car plants have or are closing

There are plenty of other reasons to prevent one buying a Peugeot, most of which boil down to the fact that they are generally rubbish when stacked against their rivals. I refer any dissenters to the website of one of my colleagues:

http://sniffpetrol.com/

Rude, but right.

...this one i have now i bought it new five years ago and to be truthful it has never once let me down