Sign in to follow this  

Handsworth

Thanks, thats great!

The property prices in Handsworth are fast accelerating like elsewhere fetching well over the £100k mark, but generally speaking most still offer excellent value for money, mostly all Private with a few ex council properties. But Remember theres the bidding wars to also take into consideration, which could further bump up the price.

Prices vary depending upon which part of Handsworth your looking at. The cheaper first time buyer houses are around £65k to £75k whilst the most established / sort after properties your looking at £100k+

Originally posted by march

the houses I have been looking at are the other side of the Parkway (opposite side to ASDA) which seems a little nicer. May be blinkered because of the cheap prices though!

The area your talking about other side of parkway to ASDA, would be the Triangle estate where the houses are relatively cheaper. These are 2 to 3 bed roomed, mostly first time buyers /young families, but beware they are quite small inside. Ok for single person or couple, but can be cramped for a family. Most houses on triangle don’t have a drive so on street parking is commonplace which can makes the estate difficult to manoeuvre around.

Originally posted by march

We are looking for a two bed semi/terrace not in need of too much work and can afford upto £80000

Handsworth has a good number of stone built Victorian 2 / 3 bed roomed terrace houses that you could consider, well built, full of character and generous room sizes.

You should pick up one for around £70k - £80K. Handsworth has its own estate agents “Heppenstall” situated on Handsworth Road who obviously deal with properties in this area, might well be worth a visit for you.

Originally posted by caprice

Handsworth is ok! Just stay away from the shops at night... Crowds of rough looking kids litter that area (as they do most areas) so just watch out

The kids mostly hang out around the Indian Resturant, just up from the church, mainly that theres nothing much for them to do, a lot like elsewhere. In fact I used to be one of those kids once, lol. I have a house further along the road (rented out) and we had no problems with kids hanging around (famous last words, lol.)

Originally posted by Babooshka

Some of my family live at Handsworth and...no disrespect...it would not be my first choice when it comes to buying a house. It is cheaper. My family can't sell theirs for a decent price even though the house itself if all right.

Interesting, as most property in Handsworth is snapped up very quickly as its popular, some streets estate agents have waiting lists of people wanting to buy property.

March...I have spoken to my estate agent friend who works at Saxton Mee in town and she says that the best areas for you to look for a house with your budget would be Walkley, Hillsborough and Woodseats. Woodseats is all right actually. My mate just bought a three bedroom terrace (big rooms, small garden) for £97,000 and it is lovely.

Thanks for that, that will be a big help!!

Ive lived in handsworth all my life...thats a grand 18 years lol...its acutally a great area to live in! its not at all rough its one of them places where u can walk around with a safe feeling...also theres loads of things to do...althought handsworth is quite small, weve even got our own bowling alley which has seen better days but is still a laugh...and well i cant count how many pubs there are....but u cant really go wrong with handsworth apart frm the fact its half an hour into town on the 52 and £10 in a taxi frm the city centre

the houses in handsworth are cheap but are increasing as it is a popular area to live in now..the houses on the otherside of the parkway to the asda are gerally cheaper and bigger than others, but my grandma owns on and they r flauted with problems as most of them date frm the victiorian era... I live near the main schools in handsworth our house was first valued at £75k and has now rose to £95k!

also the 52 bus route is really good actually no matter how much i complain about it lol its every 6 mins at popular times and thats just the mainline theres also the terrier and 30 which all run into town!

Originally posted by mega_monty

Handsworth has a good number of stone built Victorian 2 / 3 bed roomed terrace houses that you could consider, well built, full of character and generous room sizes.

You should pick up one for around £70k - £80K. Handsworth has its own estate agents “Heppenstall” situated on Handsworth Road who obviously deal with properties in this area, might well be worth a visit for you.

You probably won't get one for under £100K now. They are fairly expensive houses for what they are. Too expensive for me!