Sign in to follow this  

Skype and what's app

help required for Focus Disabled. I am partially sighted and we have previously done charity organisation interviews for disabled and older people. They have previously been downloaded to SD card. Some of the charities are not local therefore we would like to record interviews through Skype or what's app. I do not how to go about doing it as I am partially sighted. I would need to do the following . Know how to set both up.

1)record

2)download to memory stick.

3)how to load from SD to memory stick.

Can anyone help or point out any books that can instruct me.

Would love help please pm and I will send contact details.

What device are you recording on?

Skype and Whatsapp are methods of live communication, they just use the inbuilt recording of the device you're using.

Considering most smart phones now have a very good camera inside, I'd just use that to record.

Then plug the phone into a PC to copy the recording.  You can then move it onto a USB stick.

It would help to know what you want to accomplish?

is the person you're recording at an alternate location? and you're using Skype etc to communicate?

if it's JUST audio you want to record, it's relatively easy, but recording the video aswell isn't as easy (if using a phone)

but using  a computer there are lots of options available!

If you were using a pc you would use a screen recorder that should record both your and their conversation and capture video from their skype window. Personally I use a screen recorder that comes with video software I own but there are free ones. Techradar recommends this https://www.flashbackrecorder.com/express/. Or OBS gets good reviews as well If its an older computer I've used some of them. Let us know exactly what medium you are using and what OS age of machine if a computer and I can give some recommendations.

Edited by matty15