Jump to content
Scheduled Update @ 10:30 18/06/19 Read more... ×

Parking around sheff arena

Recommended Posts

Any roadside parking around Arena where I can leave car overnight this Friday?  I don’t mind paying if I have to just need it to be ok overnight?   Or if I can pay at Arena and leave it overnight?  There website isn’t much help? TIA

Edited by AllAboutMe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How close do you need to be to the Arena?

 

I usually park in the Meadowhell overflow parking off Weedon Street. It's about half a mile away and takes about a quarter of an hour to walk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

How close do you need to be to the Arena?

 

I usually park in the Meadowhell overflow parking off Weedon Street. It's about half a mile away and takes about a quarter of an hour to walk.


Do they still use that car park for staff parking at this time of year?  If they do the OP might struggle to get a space?

Edited by nikki-red

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, nikki-red said:


Do they still use that car park for staff parking at this time of year?  If they do you the OP might struggle to get a space?

That's a very good point!

 

I tend to stay well away from Meadowhell in December and January. What time does it close over Xmas?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

That's a very good point!

 

I tend to stay well away from Meadowhell in December and January. What time does it close over Xmas?

 

The shops are open til 10pm Monday to friday this week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/53°23'56.3"N+1°24'57.3"W/@53.398983,-1.4169973,18z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m6!3m5!1s0x0:0x0!7e2!8m2!3d53.3989834!4d-1.4159032

 

Tinsley Park Road, there's a dead end bit that goes under the bridge, you could try there?

 

Though personally I wouldn't leave my car overnight anywhere around that area.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Pyrotequila said:

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/53°23'56.3"N+1°24'57.3"W/@53.398983,-1.4169973,18z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m6!3m5!1s0x0:0x0!7e2!8m2!3d53.3989834!4d-1.4159032

 

Tinsley Park Road, there's a dead end bit that goes under the bridge, you could try there?

 

Though personally I wouldn't leave my car overnight anywhere around that area.


Thats the thing isnt it. Ive always managed to park somewhere for free when Ive been to the arena, but with a lot of the area being industrial and quite dark and deserted I dont think Id be comfortable  leaving it overnight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, nikki-red said:


Thats the thing isnt it. Ive always managed to park somewhere for free when Ive been to the arena, but with a lot of the area being industrial and quite dark and deserted I dont think Id be comfortable  leaving it overnight.

The steel works around the corner is super busy in the mornings, and all the workers park on that section of road.

I figured if they did that, it couldn't be so bad 🤔

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, nikki-red said:


Thats the thing isnt it. Ive always managed to park somewhere for free when Ive been to the arena, but with a lot of the area being industrial and quite dark and deserted I dont think Id be comfortable  leaving it overnight.

Deserted is good.

 

Nobody around to steal or damage your car.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Deserted is good.

 

Nobody around to steal or damage your car.

Correction, nobody around to see someone steal or damage your car.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You could use Ice Sheffield next door, there are generally cars there over night and the centre is in use for most of the time for hockey at night or twirlies in the early morning

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Get a room for the night at one of the nearby hotels or park on a residential road and walk or bus in

Edited by Black Brick

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.