Parking around sheff arena

Any roadside parking around Arena where I can leave car overnight this Friday?  I don’t mind paying if I have to just need it to be ok overnight?   Or if I can pay at Arena and leave it overnight?  There website isn’t much help? TIA

Edited by AllAboutMe

How close do you need to be to the Arena?

I usually park in the Meadowhell overflow parking off Weedon Street. It's about half a mile away and takes about a quarter of an hour to walk.

17 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

How close do you need to be to the Arena?

I usually park in the Meadowhell overflow parking off Weedon Street. It's about half a mile away and takes about a quarter of an hour to walk.

Do they still use that car park for staff parking at this time of year?  If they do the OP might struggle to get a space?

Edited by nikki-red

9 minutes ago, nikki-red said:

Do they still use that car park for staff parking at this time of year?  If they do you the OP might struggle to get a space?

That's a very good point!

I tend to stay well away from Meadowhell in December and January. What time does it close over Xmas?

2 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

That's a very good point!

I tend to stay well away from Meadowhell in December and January. What time does it close over Xmas?

The shops are open til 10pm Monday to friday this week.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/53°23'56.3"N+1°24'57.3"W/@53.398983,-1.4169973,18z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m6!3m5!1s0x0:0x0!7e2!8m2!3d53.3989834!4d-1.4159032

Tinsley Park Road, there's a dead end bit that goes under the bridge, you could try there?

Though personally I wouldn't leave my car overnight anywhere around that area.

Just now, Pyrotequila said:

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/53°23'56.3"N+1°24'57.3"W/@53.398983,-1.4169973,18z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m6!3m5!1s0x0:0x0!7e2!8m2!3d53.3989834!4d-1.4159032

Tinsley Park Road, there's a dead end bit that goes under the bridge, you could try there?

Though personally I wouldn't leave my car overnight anywhere around that area.

Thats the thing isnt it. Ive always managed to park somewhere for free when Ive been to the arena, but with a lot of the area being industrial and quite dark and deserted I dont think Id be comfortable  leaving it overnight.

8 minutes ago, nikki-red said:

Thats the thing isnt it. Ive always managed to park somewhere for free when Ive been to the arena, but with a lot of the area being industrial and quite dark and deserted I dont think Id be comfortable  leaving it overnight.

The steel works around the corner is super busy in the mornings, and all the workers park on that section of road.

I figured if they did that, it couldn't be so bad 🤔

1 hour ago, nikki-red said:

Deserted is good.

Nobody around to steal or damage your car.

11 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Deserted is good.

Nobody around to steal or damage your car.

Correction, nobody around to see someone steal or damage your car.

You could use Ice Sheffield next door, there are generally cars there over night and the centre is in use for most of the time for hockey at night or twirlies in the early morning

Get a room for the night at one of the nearby hotels or park on a residential road and walk or bus in

Edited by Black Brick