'winning scratchcard' dispute

Not read all the pages on this , but this is my take .

It’s  clearly a con , yet this guy is getting plenty of media attention out of it , at the expense of a lot of  bad publicity for Camelot . 

Yes it’s fraud , but I don’t think it’s the police or CPS should be wasting tax payers money on this taking him to court .

For me , it’s Camelot that should be bringing a private prosecution to put an end to this saga and deter similar minded fraudsters in the future.  

8 minutes ago, modforlife said:

For me , it’s Camelot that should be bringing a private prosecution to put an end to this saga and deter similar minded fraudsters in the future.  

They will probably wait for him to try it on in court, only then will they actually have to pay for a solicitor to put some time in.

When they inevitably win the fraudster will be liable for their legal fees.

Until then just let the PR people deal with it, shouldn't be too hard - some lazy scumbag tries to fake a ticket and con the system?

1 hour ago, modforlife said:

Yes it’s fraud , but I don’t think it’s the police or CPS should be wasting tax payers money on this taking him to court .

Yes, they should, to discourage other (alleged) scammers.

It’s appears to be attempt fraud and should be left to a Bench or a Jury to decide  if this allegedly innocent bloke is guilty or not

1 hour ago, modforlife said:

Not read all the pages on this , but this is my take .

It’s  clearly a con , yet this guy is getting plenty of media attention out of it , at the expense of a lot of  bad publicity for Camelot . 

You think an attempt to defraud ÂŁ200k out of a company is a crime that shouldn't be investigated??

Of course the CPS and Police should be investigating. 

Edited by ECCOnoob

2 hours ago, ECCOnoob said:

You think an attempt to defraud ÂŁ200k out of a company is a crime that shouldn't be investigated??

Quite, if I attempted to steal ÂŁ200k worth of stuff from a bank, jewellers or supermarket it would certainly be a police matter.

1 hour ago, prince al said:

Seems genuine, pay up Camelot!

I hope that's sarcasm..

On 12/12/2018 at 13:31, BrexitGuy said:

This is surely the biggest load of crap ever. A simple trip to the shop to scan this ticket would reveal if its a winner or not. Its all about the barcode and four digit security code, not the graphics.  

Lol, you would think a guy who buys six tickets a day would know how the retailer scans the card when he wins something. Maybe he has never won before   ha ha ha! On our scratch cards you have to scratch away the bar code, which I do myself if I have won, if he doesn't know that, he is really thick.

On 12/01/2019 at 20:58, ECCOnoob said:

I agree and its not the first time hes done it either. 

I also agree  he hasn't got the sense to say ''RIGHT ENOUGH IS ENOUGH NOW'' he has to be totally deluded to carry on protesting that he's in the right and Camelot are in the wrong!!!!!!!!

He's so out of touch and not living in the real world at all people do win on scratchcards all the time take it from me the giant jackpots do exist out there my advice to this individual is TO STOP PURSUING THIS..... HE IS MAKING HIMSELF LOOK A TOTAL FOOL and if he's not careful could be looking at court action if he doesn't.

2 hours ago, Box11 said:

I also agree  he hasn't got the sense to say ''RIGHT ENOUGH IS ENOUGH NOW'' he has to be totally deluded to carry on protesting that he's in the right and Camelot are in the wrong!!!!!!!!

He's so out of touch and not living in the real world at all people do win on scratchcards all the time take it from me the giant jackpots do exist out there my advice to this individual is TO STOP PURSUING THIS..... HE IS MAKING HIMSELF LOOK A TOTAL FOOL and if he's not careful could be looking at court action if he doesn't.

He probably think that they'll offer him some hush money to stop all the "bad press" he's getting Camelot. 

He obviously fails to see that:

A. We all know Camelot are a bunch of n'er-do-wells

B. He's only making himself a fool and potentially facing going back inside. 

Your right 'RESIDENT if he hasn't got the common sense to see sense then he probably will end up  'BACK INSIDE' saying that characters like this find prison life easy and are very comfortable 'BEING INSIDE' because they haven't got a good standard of life on the outside that's why prison doesn't hurt people that are bad minded...............

Very sad indeed !!!!!!!