'winning scratchcard' dispute

How often do you see programs on TV of layabouts who haven't worked a day in their life and no intention of ever doing so, yet they have £1000 phones in their hand, massive high-end TVs and subscription entertainment packages?

I suspect stolen phones and dodgy Sky boxes but you’re spot on with that one and I would add new expensive trainers.

Edited by *Wallace*

18 hours ago, bassett one said:

and gives a impression that all people on benefits are loaded with extra cash.

With all the reports of high levels of poverty in the UK, the increase in food banks, problems with universal credit and even a UN advisor reporting about how bad things are, you would have to be incredibly stupid to think that all people on benefits are loaded because some clown spends all his money on scratch cards.

15 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

With all the reports of high levels of poverty in the UK, the increase in food banks, problems with universal credit and even a UN advisor reporting about how bad things are, you would have to be incredibly stupid to think that all people on benefits are loaded because some clown spends all his money on scratch cards.

Hmmm... :huh:

... but the point being made here is that no-one on benefits should be "loaded" enough to be able to afford to spend £6,000 a year on scratch cards, yet some clearly are. :rant:

The moral is " When your in a big hole stop Digging "

3 minutes ago, Mr Bloke said:

Hmmm... :huh:

... but the point being made here is that no-one on benefits should be "loaded" enough to be able to afford to spend £6,000 a year on scratch cards, yet some clearly are. :rant:

It's not a question of being loaded, it's a question of what you chose to spend your money on. I know quite a few alcoholics and heavy smokers who spend 90% of their PIP on drink and fags and very little on food, clothes or heating.

That is their choice, not yours!

20 minutes ago, lobster said:

The moral is " When your in a big hole stop Digging "

Yep and hes already been in prison once for it too.

38 minutes ago, woodmally said:

It was 33 bloody years ago ffs! I have also got convictions from 20yrs ago but that doesnt mean I’m still the same person I was Then does it?

🙄

His past aside, I still think he's poorly doctored the ticket.

I don't know why they're pushing it so far, if the case go's to court and the ticket is properly examined it will become obvious.

He's already refused to let Camelot take a closer look at it.

11 minutes ago, mafya said:

It was 33 bloody years ago ffs! I have also got convictions from 20yrs ago but that doesnt mean I’m still the same person I was Then does it?

🙄

No but your not in the paper trying to pull the same trick again are you?  Thats why its relevant. If he had learnt his lesson we wouldnt be discussing this now.

7 minutes ago, geared said:

I don't know why they're pushing it so far, if the case go's to court and the ticket is properly examined it will become obvious.

He's already refused to let Camelot take a closer look at it.

This won't go anywhere near a court.

Unless he admits to doctoring the ticket, it will be impossible to prove that he tampered with it especially as he is in possession of any evidence.

I'm at a bit of a loss as to how this ended up in The Mail.

40 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

I'm at a bit of a loss as to how this ended up in The Mail.

Er, "benefit scrounging"??  It IS the mail after all