'winning scratchcard' dispute

I can not believe the cheek that this guy possibly thinks we would believe his forgery. 

https://www.thestar.co.uk/news/camelot-won-t-pay-sheffield-man-s-200-000-scratchcard-jackpot-after-confirming-ticket-was-altered-1-9489628

1 hour ago, woodmally said:

I can not believe the cheek that this guy possibly thinks we would believe his forgery. 

https://www.thestar.co.uk/news/camelot-won-t-pay-sheffield-man-s-200-000-scratchcard-jackpot-after-confirming-ticket-was-altered-1-9489628

This is surely the biggest load of crap ever. A simple trip to the shop to scan this ticket would reveal if its a winner or not. Its all about the barcode and four digit security code, not the graphics.  

Sad state of affairs when someone form SHEFFIELD does this. 

It doesn't look good for our City.

I would believe this had he not scratched F5 off too, why would he scratch F5 off if it wasn't on the coordinates? he's scratched E2 off as well. :suspect:

Camelot should just refer the case to police. When he's facing a charge of fraud and a few months in the nick he'll change his tune. 

The biggest crooks are Camelot, 2 numbers 2 stars £8.50!!!!

15 hours ago, Robin-H said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6487987/Father-four-refused-200-00-lottery-prize-says-Im-no-cheat.html

If the Daily Mail is to be believed, he buys six scratch cards a day...that would be £126 a week. What a waste. 

I believe the word is "waster".

Unemployed and spending that kind of money on scratchies ????

20 minutes ago, geared said:

I believe the word is "waster".

Unemployed and spending that kind of money on scratchies ????

Indeed. 

It's high time those that live solely of benefits be randomly audited to see where money is going. 

5 minutes ago, Resident said:

Indeed. 

It's high time those that live solely of benefits be randomly audited to see where money is going. 

If you did such an audit, you would find that most people who live solely on benefits spend 90+% of their money on essentials such as rent, food, fuel, transport for essential travel such as to the hospital or Jobcentre, care services, mobile phones/broadband and clothes.  And smartphone and data service or a Broadband data service at home is essential now that Universal Credit is here; the only way to claim this benefit and to advise the DWP of change of circumstances is using the Internet. 

The point of benefits isn't as charity to worthy individuals but to ensure that all citizens are housed, fed, clothed and cared for because we are a civilised and caring society.  Some citizens are feckless, but many are ill, or just ill-equipped.

Where people's life chances can be improved, the benefits system and charities are working towards this, but it is a slow process. Potentially you have to undo years of poor parenting, poor education and poor choices. To me is seems right that we try to do this and right that we support people if they need it.

The cost of any audit would far outweigh any money saved by finding people who were spending money on things that society thought were unsuitable. The benefits system is already very challenging to use, even for people who have all their faculties. Auditing claimants would create an even more corrosive environment, and increase the perception of the gap between rich and the poor.  It's unnecessary. 

3 hours ago, blackydog said:

The biggest crooks are Camelot, 2 numbers 2 stars £8.50!!!!

How do you work that out?

You do have an option not to buy it at all. It's not like food rent, or travel that you have to pay for.