Somewhere to get married?

I know this has probably been asked before and any links would be appreciated.

We are looking for suggestions on where to get married, just interested really to know what's out there, prices etc. Still only looking at ideas, don't even know how many people to invite to the actual wedding.

Don't want a church or anything with religious connections (i'm a bit superstitious) have thought of a registery office, but wanted to keep it open.

Thanks for that, just looking through. Forgot to add just looking for actual marraige to take place, not for reception.

I'm getting all excited thinking about everything :banana:

lol I've just done the same thing too :)

there are LOTS of places out there where you can do the whole thing, or jsut the ceremony :)

I had loads of fun looking too :D

(its the paying for it all that gets scary though ;))

get married abroad! i did it in sri lanka and it was fantastic (not to mention cheap...).

lol I've just done the same thing too

there are LOTS of places out there where you can do the whole thing, or jsut the ceremony

I had loads of fun looking too

(its the paying for it all that gets scary though )

lol, We got engaged at halloween, were going to get married abroard this summer but after my fiances sisters wedding in January we kind of thought we wanted to share it with close friends and family, and then have a massive party somewhere else later. People keep asking "have you set a date yet?" "When are you getting married?" etc and I keep replying with "When we can afford it!" truth is I have no idea how much "it" is going to cost because I don't know what "it" is going to be, so I thought it might be a good idea to look at the options and decide roughly what we want. I need help!!!! I know I want a black wedding dress, my partner has reacted by saying, thats fine, I will wear a white suit (he is a little more innocent than me!) and thats all we have decided on. There is a lot to think about. Is there a list of what the essentials to pay for are? and what price ranges there is?

First of all Jess, congratulations!

I don't know at what time of year you are hoping to marry, but Sheffield Botanical Gardens is licensed to hold civil weddings with parties of up to 100.

http://www.sbg.org.uk/facilities.asp

It's more of a summer thing, I suppose, but it could be really lovely. Although it's probably too late to arrange it for this year, at least you'd get a head start on doing it for next year!

Anyway, whatever you decide, I wish you all the love and luck in the world. x

lol, We got engaged at halloween, were going to get married abroard this summer but after my fiances sisters wedding in January we kind of thought we wanted to share it with close friends and family, and then have a massive party somewhere else later. People keep asking "have you set a date yet?" "When are you getting married?" etc and I keep replying with "When we can afford it!" truth is I have no idea how much "it" is going to cost because I don't know what "it" is going to be, so I thought it might be a good idea to look at the options and decide roughly what we want. I need help!!!! I know I want a black wedding dress, my partner has reacted by saying, thats fine, I will wear a white suit (he is a little more innocent than me!) and thats all we have decided on. There is a lot to think about. Is there a list of what the essentials to pay for are? and what price ranges there is?

PMd you :)

We got married 3 years ago this august in the most lovely place. quite cheap compared to normal weddings. It was in gretna green. try this site www.gretnamarriages.co.uk they have a small chapel in the grounds but its not a very religious ceremony, just like a nice register office and the gardens are beautiful for the photos after. you can also have the reception there.

Thanks EmilyAngel.

I used to work in the Botanical Garden's restaurant and cater for weddings, everyone that got married there loved it and I have been thinking about there, it is gorgeous just not sure, as I remember there being various resrictions (times/ people being free to walk through etc) I may go and investigate more, thanks for the advice :)

im getting married in sept so i too have been looking round whitley hall is gorrrrrrrrrrgeous!!! is near ecclesfield with a pond they didnt have the date we wanted to get married on and i was gutted!

Maynard Arms is gorgeous towards derbyshire. we got married there last July. brill.

x