Blades v west brom

10 hours ago, pintor said:

Poor result, although WBA  are the best I've  seen at the lane this season, so far.

We need to work on our crossing into the box, all too often they are poor, Basham for all his effort is abysmal  at crossing. I would try and get Peter Crouch in on loan and a  pacey inside forward in January, then ditch Clarke, Johnson, Woodman & Washington . 

I can't claim to be expert, and certainly not criticising Blades, as I'm loving what Wilder doing, and position we are in in comparison to those difficult last few years,

and I can't complain as I don't go much (can't afford, and old friends go in family stand now, and I don't have kid...)

but when I go, same thing this season, same thing last season,

and is my ONLY gripe with tactics, is this bold pintor.

getting the ball up to the box area, and quickly, they do brilliantly!! :) I love it. ... but then they just hang on too long with it, leaving the defence to get in position.

I seen it every game!! I find myself saying just f*ing cross it - or even better 'fire it across the box'. A good Edwards/Sharpe type striker in tune with this will tap many in. Some will find our other players feet/heads, and some deflected in by defence. Pinball crosses, can go anywhere, and cause havoc. We are easily getting the ball back in midfield/at back, if it ends up being fired out of the box. The SWFC was prime example. I watched in pub with 100s of wednesday fans, and though they were shouting clear it, get it out, I was shouting just bloody GET IT FIRED IN THE BOX! instead of ******* about with it in corner of box.

For me, this is all that is missing from our game.

Edited by *_ash_*

9 hours ago, *_ash_* said:

I can't claim to be expert, and certainly not criticising Blades, as I'm loving what Wilder doing, and position we are in in comparison to those difficult last few years,

and I can't complain as I don't go much (can't afford, and old friends go in family stand now, and I don't have kid...)

but when I go, same thing this season, same thing last season,

and is my ONLY gripe with tactics, is this bold pintor.

getting the ball up to the box area, and quickly, they do brilliantly!! :) I love it. ... but then they just hang on too long with it, leaving the defence to get in position.

I seen it every game!! I find myself saying just f*ing cross it - or even better 'fire it across the box'. A good Edwards/Sharpe type striker in tune with this will tap many in. Some will find our other players feet/heads, and some deflected in by defence. Pinball crosses, can go anywhere, and cause havoc. We are easily getting the ball back in midfield/at back, if it ends up being fired out of the box. The SWFC was prime example. I watched in pub with 100s of wednesday fans, and though they were shouting clear it, get it out, I was shouting just bloody GET IT FIRED IN THE BOX! instead of ******* about with it in corner of box.

For me, this is all that is missing from our game.

I say the  the same thing to people sat near me, we end up like a sheepdog surrounding the box full  of defenders. We neeed someone like Crouch ( if we can get him) , to hold the ball up, be a good partner for Sharp, and provide an aerial threat, i.e. a plan b. His wages would be costly ,but only for 6 months, then decide to keep him or not