Blades v west brom

Barry Gibb scored West Broms goals

Looks like the fat lady has lost her voice half way through the season once again. 

We in S6 have absolutely nothing to crow about.  But that was dross.

I dislike televised games. I think money from televised games probably is out weighed by losses in games!

I listened on radio, but I can rarely ever recall us winning on sky (SWFC is obvious one, but still seems rare). Could be all in my head of course. I'm sure there is a stats site for sky games and teams winning rates on it!

I said to my dad before game - I'd take a point from this (which I wouldn't say in public with fans, as is negative of course!)...  and after us scoring and good first half, I altered this figure in my head to great win! lol

I was right in first place. Of course we know, home wins, away draws, is basic formula for good season. We've got a few wins away that I would have taken a point on , like Brentford. So some home draws are ok.

Glad I didn't go as already seen the other 2 losses, and not seen any of the 5 wins!

Blades battle every game, always give value for money.. unfortunately they lack that little bit extra you need to finish teams off, when you are playing teams that have spent millions on players, they will always have a quality player that pops up and lands the killer blow.. if we manage the play offs (not impossible) it will be a massive bonus.

It seems like it is hitting home now to some Unitedites that this squad of 'triers/hard workers' can only go so far, investment is needed but wont happen due to internal wrangling and there is no sign that this will change any time soon. You have a good manager (despite his obsession with Wednesday) but I feel that he will be off when the next big job is offered. 

11 minutes ago, speedy69 said:

It seems like it is hitting home now to some Unitedites that this squad of 'triers/hard workers' can only go so far, investment is needed but wont happen due to internal wrangling and there is no sign that this will change any time soon. You have a good manager (despite his obsession with Wednesday) but I feel that he will be off when the next big job is offered. 

You are really  a funny guy for someone who spends more time expressing opinions on the Blades than expressing opinions about is own team who are dire I find it amusing you talking about some one who is obsessed about the Owls .The difference is Wilder is payed to make comments about football you do it for now't.As for thinking he will be off when the NEXT big job comes up would you like a tenner on that?I     think you are HOPING he takes another job because of the great job he is doing at the Lane putting The Blades in their rightful position of number one in these quarters and us getting a guy in who could drag us down to your teams level.I look forward to the next big job coming up  and see what happens.

3 minutes ago, petcharlie said:

You are really  a funny guy for someone who spends more time expressing opinions on the Blades than expressing opinions about is own team who are dire I find it amusing you talking about some one who is obsessed about the Owls .The difference is Wilder is payed to make comments about football you do it for now't.As for thinking he will be off when the NEXT big job comes up would you like a tenner on that?I     think you are HOPING he takes another job because of the great job he is doing at the Lane putting The Blades in their rightful position of number one in these quarters and us getting a guy in who could drag us down to your teams level.I look forward to the next big job coming up  and see what happens.

Sorry, I thought this post was about United, if you wish to criticize myself or Wednesday you could start your own thread!

53 minutes ago, Padders said:

Blades battle every game, always give value for money.. unfortunately they lack that little bit extra you need to finish teams off, when you are playing teams that have spent millions on players, they will always have a quality player that pops up and lands the killer blow.. if we manage the play offs (not impossible) it will be a massive bonus.

Yes it was a familiar outcome where the Blades dominated the first half creating many chances but only taking the one chance.Also once again getting hit with the sucker punch from one of OUR corners.Have seen that many times where we have a corner (which are usually garbage) the opposition get the ball and while our defenders are at the other end they go up with pace and pop it in.Those bloody short corners are a waste of time.Having had my moan we do have the right man in charge to sort it but has he got what is necessary from the board to alter things come January?Well we all know the answer to that .

8 minutes ago, speedy69 said:

Sorry, I thought this post was about United, if you wish to criticize myself or Wednesday you could start your own thread!

No it is me that should be sorry you see I thought we were forth in the league .I did not realise we were at the other end struggling to get those successful draws.  Where is your tenner?

Poor result, although WBA  are the best I've  seen at the lane this season, so far.

We need to work on our crossing into the box, all too often they are poor, Basham for all his effort is abysmal  at crossing. I would try and get Peter Crouch in on loan and a  pacey inside forward in January, then ditch Clarke, Johnson, Woodman & Washington . 

Good game last night but class tells,  West Brom turned it on in the second half

Tyler Smith should have been brought on at half time to replace a midfielder  we need extra power up front as Billy is always closely marked and a young player on form could have altered it for me, three strikers could have won the game for us