Field needed

Hi all. 

Just wondering if anyone had or knew of any large areas of land for hire around Sheffield or the midlands. 

We we are looking to put on an outdoor tradeshow type event with circa 2000 people attending, car parking and camping with a safe demo area. 

We are are struggling to find anywhere that doesn’t want an extortionate amount of money. 

We are hoping this will be an annual event so we need good links to motorway network  etc

Thanks

Hillsborough park.  It did host tramlines and there are camping facilities, I think.

Clumber Park?

Or Possibly where the Sunday Markets used to be held?

8 hours ago, jane2008 said:

Hillsborough park.  It did host tramlines and there are camping facilities, I think.

Hillsborough Park doesn't have any camping facilities.

The land off Bowshaw roundabout where they hold funfairs. Pretty good access and drainage. 

3 hours ago, steve68 said:

Hillsborough Park doesn't have any camping facilities.

I wasn't sure, thanks.  I do know that people were camping in caravans near Hillsborough arena when Tramlines was on.

2 hours ago, jane2008 said:

I wasn't sure, thanks.  I do know that people were camping in caravans near Hillsborough arena when Tramlines was on.

The Arena is separate from the Park,  Tramlines hired out the arena for their acts, staff and media , they possibly could be a  fit for the O/P, they have a Facebook page, they also have an account on  SF too.

as for the Park it generally doesn't have toilet facilities, only in the pavilion which is closed a lot of the times, it's the Parks real downfall, hopefully that will change in 2020 with the help of the Age Uk  coach house development.

Edited by steve68

Thanks all. I will enquire about all of these also will enquire about don valley bowl. 

have you thought about contacting some of the farms surrounding Sheffield?

Or what about some of the Sports Arenas/Leisure Centers (Such as Doncaster Dome) as I believe lots of them have large grass areas..

There is a traction engine rally out at Anston each Aug/Sept near m1

There are those who consider Park Square roundabout a suitable place to set up a campsite. Not sure even they would deem it suitable to accommodate 2,000 though.