Steve bruce on his way to swfc

17 hours ago, bassett one said:

what is the problem,he a top man,4 promotions,left villain a great state,top man all i can see is promotion with in 2 years

Really? This is not how the Villa fans saw it.Do not take my word for it mate you go on their site and ask them of their opinions of him.Or why not ask the Hull fans who hold very similar views what they think.Having said that you never really know for sure how it will work out looking at Adkins at Hull us Blades are scratching our heads at the job he is doing there.I would not have him running a penny raffle.So you make your choices and hope.

12 hours ago, petcharlie said:

Really? This is not how the Villa fans saw it.Do not take my word for it mate you go on their site and ask them of their opinions of him.Or why not ask the Hull fans who hold very similar views what they think.Having said that you never really know for sure how it will work out looking at Adkins at Hull us Blades are scratching our heads at the job he is doing there.I would not have him running a penny raffle.So you make your choices and hope.

If Chris Wilder left Sheffield United some fans would slate him, its the same when any player or manager leaves,  I'd rather listen to the opinion of professionals and most speak very highly of Bruce, Matty Fryatt (ex Hull) gave a really good account of him on FH the other night.

12 hours ago, bassett one said:

hes a top man and will get us promotion in 2019/20 and great news for swfc and there fans,so get behind him and lets enjoy the journey to the premiership,all will be forgotten and forgiven once steve shows us owls fans,how great we can be,so whos going up in 2019/20 as we will win the league.

I admire your optimism Bassett but I don’t expect miracles. Steve only has limited resources and you can’t make a silk purse out of a sow’s ear. Will Steve get long enough to turn things around?. Past experience tells me that he probably won’t. If he gets two years at the job he will have done well by Wednesday’s standards. 

1 hour ago, trainwalker said:

I admire your optimism Bassett but I don’t expect miracles. Steve only has limited resources and you can’t make a silk purse out of a sow’s ear. Will Steve get long enough to turn things around?. Past experience tells me that he probably won’t. If he gets two years at the job he will have done well by Wednesday’s standards. 

If Mr. Bruce were to add some of the severence pay he's had from clubs over the years to the Owl's transfer budget then perhaps they could 'pinch' somebody from Man.City or get a Chelsea loanee.

10 hours ago, Brooker11 said:

If Chris Wilder left Sheffield United some fans would slate him, its the same when any player or manager leaves,  I'd rather listen to the opinion of professionals and most speak very highly of Bruce, Matty Fryatt (ex Hull) gave a really good account of him on FH the other night.

I think you have not grasped what I am saying mate the villa fans ran a long campaign to get him out well before they sacked him.You do not have to believe me I could not careless if you do or if you do not.Just ask Villa fans and Hull fans mate .As for some fans slating Wilder if he went I very much doubt it he is in a position where all the fans love him you might get the odd one but they would be as rare as rocking horse muck .I think if that was to arise the blame would be firmly at the directors box not Wilders.You believe what you want but do not try to turn facts in to fiction Villa fans were calling for his head months BEFORE he was sacked.I remember after we beat them at the lane the villa fans reaction towards him was venomous and that reaction had been going on for months.

17 minutes ago, petcharlie said:

I think you have not grasped what I am saying mate the villa fans ran a long campaign to get him out well before they sacked him.You do not have to believe me I could not careless if you do or if you do not.Just ask Villa fans and Hull fans mate .As for some fans slating Wilder if he went I very much doubt it he is in a position where all the fans love him you might get the odd one but they would be as rare as rocking horse muck .I think if that was to arise the blame would be firmly at the directors box not Wilders.You believe what you want but do not try to turn facts in to fiction Villa fans were calling for his head months BEFORE he was sacked.I remember after we beat them at the lane the villa fans reaction towards him was venomous and that reaction had been going on for months.

Shock, horror-fans turn on a manager after a series of bad results, like it's never happened before 🙄

Sooner or later Unitedites will turn on Wilder and want him out, the shoes will be off in the car park and he will be the worse manager since the last manager that undersaw a drop down the table and it wont start one day and be sacked the next, it will be gradual (like Jos, Carlos, Clough or Adkins)

5 minutes ago, speedy69 said:

Shock, horror-fans turn on a manager after a series of bad results, like it's never happened before 🙄

Sooner or later Unitedites will turn on Wilder and want him out, the shoes will be off in the car park and he will be the worse manager since the last manager that undersaw a drop down the table and it wont start one day and be sacked the next, it will be gradual (like Jos, Carlos, Clough or Adkins)

5 minutes ago, speedy69 said:

Well we should not have to wait to long to see if your NEW prediction comes true.According to a prediction on here a couple of weeks ago Wilder will take the next big job available.Since then there has been the Man u job that was a big job but no other big jobs so there must be one due soon .By the way there is nothing gradual about the way they get the sack at Sheff 6 they are not there long enough for it to be gradual.Poor guys must look forward to xmas as much as turkeys do always a dodgy time to be in the hot seat at the rust bucket.

2 minutes ago, petcharlie said:

Well we should not have to wait to long to see if your NEW prediction comes true.According to a prediction on here a couple of weeks ago Wilder will take the next big job available.Since then there has been the Man u job that was a big job but no other big jobs so there must be one due soon .By the way there is nothing gradual about the way they get the sack at Sheff 6 they are not there long enough for it to be gradual.Poor guys must look forward to xmas as much as turkeys do always a dodgy time to be in the hot seat at the rust bucket.

Was Wilder offered the Man U job? wow, I must have missed that one!

Nothing gradual regarding getting the sack at S6?, oh yeh, Jos was sacked the day after we lost our first game after getting into the top 6 wasn't he?

Steve Bruce on his way to S6?

I can only hope he gets lost...........

4 minutes ago, speedy69 said:

Was Wilder offered the Man U job? wow, I must have missed that one!

Nothing gradual regarding getting the sack at S6?, oh yeh, Jos was sacked the day after we lost our first game after getting into the top 6 wasn't he?

No he was not offered the Man u job and that is my point mate HE WAS NOT OFFERED THE NEXT BIG JOB .I had a 10 pound bet on that he would not take the next big job so I am looking forward to my tenner.I am now waiting for the next big job to become available to see if he gets that one to.May be Forest could be the next one.I had no fears about the rust bucket one because we were talking about big jobs.Could not see him wanting to make a backwards step to a lesser club.

4 hours ago, petcharlie said:

No he was not offered the Man u job and that is my point mate HE WAS NOT OFFERED THE NEXT BIG JOB .I had a 10 pound bet on that he would not take the next big job so I am looking forward to my tenner.I am now waiting for the next big job to become available to see if he gets that one to.May be Forest could be the next one.I had no fears about the rust bucket one because we were talking about big jobs.Could not see him wanting to make a backwards step to a lesser club.

Define 'lesser' you will find it similar to  'big' job-subjective!

16 hours ago, trainwalker said:

Thing is he hasn't got a sows ear, he has all the parts of a silk purse apart from the stitching, just hope he can pull it together and finish the purse.