Diesel price hike !!

and a sarcastic retort is unnecessary right?

5 minutes ago, geared said:

and a sarcastic retort is unnecessary right?

Only if someone else is gving it apparently...

On ‎12‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 8:04 AM, gaz 786 said:

Derv has addatives in it steve to keep filters and injectors clean unlike cherry 

Does bantycock use red ? not seen him on here for a while.

my peugeot  is petrol and costs me £300 a year road tax, my yeti is diesel low emitions and costs me £30 a year road tax

but even though the skoda is better for the environment I still pay more for the diesel fuel than many petrol car  owners pay for their petrol

Edited by dadoronron
spelling

16 hours ago, dadoronron said:

my peugeot  is petrol and costs me £300 a year road tax, my yeti is diesel low emitions and costs me £30 a year road tax

but even though the skoda is better for the environment I still pay more for the diesel fuel than many petrol car  owners pay for their petrol

This is my point how can the 10p per litre charged extra for diesel be justified,its a rip off as refining diesel at best is a biproduct in the production of petrol costing the same or much less!.Who pockets the excess the government in tax or most likely the greedy oil companies?,I don,t know but I do know its a rip off that we seem to be able to do nothing about it only complain ,it really gets my goat!.

Whats the relative demand for Diesel vs Petrol though??

I mean it might be a by-product of the Petrol refining process, but if demand for diesel is higher then actually the Petrol becomes the by-product because it's the Diesel fuel you're actually after.

3 hours ago, old tup said:

This is my point how can the 10p per litre charged extra for diesel be justified,its a rip off as refining diesel at best is a biproduct in the production of petrol costing the same or much less!.Who pockets the excess the government in tax or most likely the greedy oil companies?,I don,t know but I do know its a rip off that we seem to be able to do nothing about it only complain ,it really gets my goat!.

The French knew what to do about it!

On 12/21/2018 at 10:00 AM, old tup said:

Bygum Tup you've started summat here.... (but at least it is back to what the thread was about),... you are exactly right....I bought a Diesel LWB Frontera in 1991/2 ...and at the time diesel was around 50p a litre cheaper than petrol and this was about as wide as the gap got,my last diesel was a Mercedes E-Class which i sold about  10 years ago and diesel had started to become more expensive   (@ 10p a litre even then)...it was also £230   year Road Tax...... I am now on my 3rd Hybrid   £0..Road Tax...Still no matter how much we moan and gripe the powers that be will do exactly what they want......So sad tho' that it  brought a lot of nasty and uncalled for attacks/replies on other forum users.......drive safe...😄😄 

51 minutes ago, gaz 786 said:

My sentiments exactly if the government do succeed in making transport all electronic wonder how much electricity will increase in price .. Diesel and petrol cast into the archives oil not needed its not going to happen 

When that happens solar installations will go through the roof, people with sufficient roof area will generate alot of their own power, those in smaller homes will be forced to pay for expensive power off the national grid.

9 hours ago, euclid said:

Bygum Tup you've started summat here.... (but at least it is back to what the thread was about),... you are exactly right....I bought a Diesel LWB Frontera in 1991/2 ...and at the time diesel was around 50p a litre cheaper than petrol and this was about as wide as the gap got,my last diesel was a Mercedes E-Class which i sold about  10 years ago and diesel had started to become more expensive   (@ 10p a litre even then)...it was also £230   year Road Tax...... I am now on my 3rd Hybrid   £0..Road Tax...Still no matter how much we moan and gripe the powers that be will do exactly what they want......So sad tho' that it  brought a lot of nasty and uncalled for attacks/replies on other forum users.......drive safe...😄😄 

So in 10 years you've gone through 3 hybrids...... 

28 minutes ago, Resident said:

Usually have the option to renew finance every 3 years; PCP, PLP or HP

14 hours ago, Resident said:

Not in the sense you mean...I hate to think how many cars etc i have gone thro' in my driving life and dread to think of the expense but i needed a good reliable car as i often travelled up to 60 miles each way to work....The first being a Reliant Regal Supervan Mk111..in 1969/70...I tend not to keep cars very long..the first hybrid (Honda Civic Sedan/saloon) under 2 Yrs..Prius Gen3 ..nearly 5 Yrs ,my present one Lexus is three years old on 29th Dec...I had the Merc diesel for over 7...and lots before that too.I retired 10 years ago and the Hybrid is a perfect motor for everyday running about/local use.......You are obviously a diesel minded person and each to their own,The merc one would happily do 50 mpg ,the best i had on a run was 56mpg...and for a large car (E-Class 220d) and auto to boot i think that was excellent,My ex next door neighbour had a Golf GTi Diesel and he never managed to get 60mpg in all the time he owned it....But what amazes me is how the "diesel fans" get so up in arms and their knickers in a twist if anyone even suggests anything wrong with diesel......there isn't..each to their own..."keep the shiny side up..safe driving" 😉😉😉

13 hours ago, geared said:

Usually have the option to renew finance every 3 years; PCP, PLP or HP

The only car i  ever had on finance was my first one...Reliant...it cost £500.2/6d new from Charlie Freemans..the finance was a whopping £100 on top cos i bought it on the "Chucky"...i swore i would never have another one on finance,if i couln't afford to buy it i would go without...since then i have never had another car on the "Chucky",or any other method for that matter,..never had a works car, ....i purchased them all cash,i never buy cars new usually Ex Demo's or up to a year as you save a fortune from new prices,unfortunately it still makes me cringe to think how much it has cost me over the years  :cry:......Why do you think everyone has to have  PCP.PLP.HP.....is this what you  do..?????

Edited by euclid