Diesel price hike !!

16 minutes ago, Dardandec said:

Its all documented mate, Higher NOx  and particulate emissions, never heard of the diesel emission scandal? yet another SF user who lives under a rock. :rolleyes:  

Not at all mate, I just don't  fancy having diesel particulates in my brain thank you very much.

Can we sue the people who advised us to buy them then?

6 minutes ago, *_ash_* said:

Can we sue the people who advised us to buy them then?

Not even going to answer that.

Here we go for all the diesel fanboys -

"the environment secretary Michael Gove’s defence of what the government is doing to address air pollution (Letters, 24 May) diverts attention from the cause of dirty air in most of our cities: diesel-fuelled vehicles."https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2018/may/27/we-need-to-clean-up-our-act-on-roadside-pollution

8 minutes ago, Dardandec said:

Not even going to answer that.

Here we go for all the diesel fanboys -

"the environment secretary Michael Gove’s defence of what the government is doing to address air pollution (Letters, 24 May) diverts attention from the cause of dirty air in most of our cities: diesel-fuelled vehicles."https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2018/may/27/we-need-to-clean-up-our-act-on-roadside-pollution

Usual strawmans from you.

I never said I was a fan of diesel.

2 minutes ago, *_ash_* said:

Usual strawmans from you.

I never said I was a fan of diesel.

I never suggested you was a diesel fanboy .:suspect: it was a general response and not aimed at you in particular. I was originally responding to questions aimed at me earlier on in the thread, you then came back at me asking a stupid question. Point out the strawman to me?

13 minutes ago, Dardandec said:

I never suggested you was a diesel fanboy .:suspect: it was a general response and not aimed at you in particular. I was originally responding to questions aimed at me earlier on in the thread, you then came back at me asking a stupid question. Point out the strawman to me?

er ... one that quoted me,

so I assumed your response was at me, how else should I assume?

4 minutes ago, *_ash_* said:

er ... one that quoted me,

so I assumed your response was at me, how else should I assume?

The first part was a response to you.

The second part was a generalisation hence the "for all" 

5 minutes ago, Dardandec said:

The first part was a response to you.

The second part was a generalisation hence the "for all" 

How am I supposed to know this? No spacing, no quoting.

You quoted me, and the first part, if answering me, said ''I'm not even going to answer that'', which is dismissive, so I have to assume you dismissing my post, and the next paragraph is mocking people as pro-diesel, and on the same point as my post, hence I pulled you for strawman.

You never specified 'for all', so I don't know why you put that in inverted commas there.

-

'you then came back at me asking a stupid question'

I'm glad you think my livelihood is a stupid question. (a similar jokingly strawman, just in case Cyclone reads this thread in the morning and points it out)

Have you heard yourself, You never asked me anything about you're livelihood. You asked me if you would be able to sue the people who advised people to by diesel car's. Well I will answer that, No you won't.

They're all brand new cars though, Euro 6 standards have sorted out most of the emissions issues.

The problem is many people can't afford to just go out and buy a brand new car to help with local air pollution. 

The government knew about diesel air pollution issues decades ago, but decided to ignore advice and chose to prioritise CO2 emissions over everything else.

On 12/9/2018 at 11:19 PM, Dardandec said:

Have you heard yourself, You never asked me anything about you're livelihood. You asked me if you would be able to sue the people who advised people to by diesel car's. Well I will answer that, No you won't.

He will, he can sue anyone he likes for anything he wants.

Winning the case is a different matter of course.

On 12/8/2018 at 11:27 PM, Dardandec said:

Diesel's are toxic, should be £25 a litre, get the sheds off the road.

jobsworth , i for one am going to continue to drive my remapped vw diesel whatever the outcome