Advice about trees

Thats just an old wives tale, it does nothing.

2 minutes ago, geared said:

Thats just an old wives tale, it does nothing.

Who said they were for the tree 😉

Doesn't it say in that link that it does not apply to Trees??

On ‎12‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 5:51 PM, Jeffrey Shaw said:

Make sure that the tree is not covered by a Tree Preservation Order, too.

Don't think it would be covered by a tree preservation order its an old cooking apple tree. She never uses the fruit it just falls to the ground and rots

Apple trees dont grow that big do they??  I was imagining a massive sycamore or something..

On 03/01/2019 at 21:55, Pkingy said:

Don't think it would be covered by a tree preservation order its an old cooking apple tree. She never uses the fruit it just falls to the ground and rots

I had a cooking apple tree in my garden,it had lots of apple's on and they do drop to the ground...it's nature.....usually get wasp's in them

On 04/01/2019 at 11:00, lil-minx92 said:

Apple trees dont grow that big do they??  I was imagining a massive sycamore or something..

No they don't,it depends on the root stock..there are lot's of apple tree's in the garden's around where i live and they aren't very big at all...i think the problem here is the Sky signal......i wouldn't cut the tree down either....although it could be pruned by someone who knows what they are doing so the "spurs" are left on.......personally i hate to see tree's cut down

Apple trees can grow quite big. Its the ones grafted on to dwarf root stock that stay small. 

On 03/01/2019 at 10:33, geared said:

Doesn't it say in that link that it does not apply to Trees??

It needs to be two or more trees.

If the tree is too old pollarding won't work, and it needs to be redone every few years which will get expensive. Crown reduction would be better.