Make the council do my gas service!

Yep and they're usually pretty hot on the matter as well.

If the OP is genuinely having problems then they need to keep a copy of every communication and possibly a diary to show the number of times they have asked for the inspection to be completed.

I started off thinking poor guy just wants to make sure the gas is safe but having battled through the  thread this just smacks of an obstructive / problem tenant playing the victim, probably with one eye on some sort of 'payment of goodwill'. 

Councils arent in the habit of intentionally avoiding their legal responsibilities particularly when it comes to things as important as gas safety certificates. I bet theres a file pages long of issues with the OP as a tenant, and I bet he/she's cost taxpayers a fortune in wasted time through appointments not kept / baseless complaints etc

2 minutes ago, lil-minx92 said:

I started off thinking poor guy just wants to make sure the gas is safe but having battled through the  thread this just smacks of an obstructive / problem tenant playing the victim, probably with one eye on some sort of 'payment of goodwill'. 

Councils arent in the habit of intentionally avoiding their legal responsibilities particularly when it comes to things as important as gas safety certificates. I bet theres a file pages long of issues with the OP as a tenant, and I bet he/she's cost taxpayers a fortune in wasted time through appointments not kept / baseless complaints etc

ooh glad you said that , but it was exactly what i was thinking.

4 minutes ago, helloitsonly said:

ooh glad you said that , but it was exactly what i was thinking.

Me too.

On 7 December 2018 at 8:10 AM, haike said:

Part of them are safety and part enforcement so they hold all the cards.

The OPs reference to 'enforcement' and a later reference to 'being antisocial' suggests to me that there is an open anti-social behaviour case in conection with their tenancy. If 'enforcement' are involved they have almost certainly already been issued with a Notice Seeking Possession.

Edited by Top Cats Hat

I'm hoping Haike will return with an update after the advice he's had from here.   Perhaps he can tell us if he's contacted SCC by e-mail, and what response has been forthcoming.  I hope the issue is resolved soon.

3 hours ago, Ms Macbeth said:

I'm hoping Haike will return with an update after the advice he's had from here.   Perhaps he can tell us if he's contacted SCC by e-mail, and what response has been forthcoming.  I hope the issue is resolved soon.

*not on topic*

Hi Ms, can you clear some space in your inbox? (if you can work out how, took me ages!)

I can't message you.

Thanks Mrs McB, but my emails have always been sent when written debate was needed, the confirmatory phone calls etc especially when the vists were known to fail I started to try these normal types of things years ago. It is mostly difficult but the vist happened today so now this job has been done. This job that I thought was to stage my fault in some H&S record enabling action to be considered has to my knowledge happened.

Anyhow, it was a pleasure to be noticed, as when ganging up on people the person feels isolated and I did feel so. That is not resolved nor it seems the reason for it either but due to a gas vist today that saga has hopefully for me ended another chapter. Again after numerous unnessesary changes for such a simple thing as usual, which ruins life itself for me, thus I now half expect not to receive the certificate in the post but really, apart from consistent wind up history, why should I not receive it?

Tx.

I'm pleased the checks and service have been carried out, and you must be relieved.  You need to refer to your tenancy agreement and any relevant handbooks about your tenancy if you think your tenancy is at risk.  Alternatively speak to someone at your local housing office or First Point. Have you been in dispute with your neighbours, do you have any problems with your rent account, are you keeping your home in reasonable condition?   If not, then you should have no problems.