The Millhouses pub

Neither pub has much chance of surviving when both are competing with freeholds near by.

Fosters 11g Direct - £65

Foster 11g Tied (Punch/Enterprise) - £125

Moonshine 11g Direct £60

Moonshine 11g Tied (Punch/Enterprise) £105

There is just no way to compete and actually make any money. They can compete as managed houses as the lease holders sell beer to themselves at a competitive price!

Interesting when you compare the Millhouses to The Ranmoor rent an ingoing, which is traditionally much more successful....

http://www.enterpriseinns.com/run-a-pub/pubs/pages/ranmoor-inn-sheffield.aspx

Wow so they want nearly as much rent for the Millhouses a pub struggling to survive as they do the Ranmoor which is probably one of the most successful pub co pubs in the city and more upfront.

I was under the impression that The Abbey was due to close on June 9th for extensive refurbishment, £ 200,000's worth on all accounts. Have things changed?

I was under the impression that The Abbey was due to close on June 9th for extensive refurbishment, £ 200,000's worth on all accounts. Have things changed?

More likely true, I have heard it is going in to their full managed wing. The Falcon agreement is no longer on offer.....

Exactly what I'd heard. Bowling Green to go as part of revamp.

It does say on the link that it has been selected for major investment whatever that means.

nothing wrong with the kitchens , when Kay was the manager there it worked perfectly well and she turned it round in a short space of time. this is the Millhouses I am talking about.

Sorry, the thread expanded a bit to include the Abbey. It was the Abbey that had kitchen problems.

I know the Millhouses kitchen is working. I was there recently and had a terrific meal :) And that Birra Moretti on draught......:clap:

just to let everyone know Kaye is now back at the millhouses, she has been for a few months , they have a fantastic menu and good attentive staff very hard working and am very impressed by the standard of food, and care of customers.

We've been in since Kaye went back, only for a quick drink, but the whole place seemed to be running a lot more smoothly than i've seen it in a long time, and the food coming out looked delicious. Its a lovely pub and deserves to do well. Best of luck to Kaye!

Is there any updates on the pub has anyone been in recently what is it like?

Went in a month or so back.

In fairness it gets some great reviews on trip advisor and the place is clean and looks good.

However when we called for a drink was not cheap and felt a bit "clicky" and certainly no smiles from bar staff so have not returned.

There were a few in there last night when I plodded past.

I heard that the chef had walked out again and as a result the food is not too good. Hope they get it sorted.