Sony tv and dvd help

I've got a Sony TV and DVD player which I disconnected and now cant for the life of me get it back to record. Can anyone recommend a competent person 🙂 Thanks 

Can you clarify what the set-up is - is it a DVD recorder/player that was recording from the TV, or recording onto a separate hard drive?

The dvd recorder was recording from the tv.

Usually connected by SCART lead, HDMI lead to one of the HDMI sockets on TV, or sometimes 3 separate leads, Y video and 2 audio.

6 hours ago, glitterballs said:

is the aerial lead going into the DVD recorder?

It's been a long time but that's how mine was.

Aerial from outside to aerial IN on recorder. Another lead from aerial OUT on recorder to the telly.

It might be worth giving the exact model numbers to get a more definite answer.

Just checked and tv aerial (brown) connected to recorded, also i can watch pre recordrd dvd but cannot record from tv, just shows im recording a black square!! tv is KDL 32V4000 recorder is RDR HXD890

Sorry im a complete novice with this sort of stuff.

Just had a quick look and on both pictures it shows analogue and digital TV inputs... you want digital

Aerial from outside to Digital aerial IN

Then run an aerial lead from Digital TV out, up to your TV

See if that works

Edited by zach

Thank you for your assistance really appreciated, i have spent many a frustrated hour trying to get this sorted and now lost the will 😒  I will contact an aerial person.

Looks like an early model Digital Video Recorder, although she's lost the will to persevere!

Yes, it's outside aerial lead to "digital aerial In", and "digital aerial Out" connects to aerial socket on TV which will route the aerial signal through, but to obtain the best picture from DVR, it's HDMI lead to HDMI on TV. When DVR is switched on, sometimes it auto selects to screen rather than having to select (on the remote) the input from the 3 HDMI sockets.

It can get trying connecting the myriad of inputs and connectors to modern tvs. I have a VCR, Youview box, DVD player,  a digital to analogue convertor for  hifi system and a satellite dish, all into the tv.

Thanks to MORTHILL for sorting this out for me.

MODS can you close this topic as its now sorted