Asda cash machines not paying out

On 29th-11  call at asda  handsworth to get some bits went to get £10 cash for my wife from cash machine card return but no cash but showing as coming from bank and not return as yet told asda all they said is its always happening my point is for me its just £10 but what if had been someone's last bit of cash say to feed the kids asda were not helpful at all

Asda don't own or operate the cash point, complaint to your bank.

1 hour ago, elvis1935 said:

but what if had been someone's last bit of cash say to feed the kids asda were not helpful at all

Wouldn't they have just shopped at Asda and paid by card?

2 hours ago, alchresearch said:

Wouldn't they have just shopped at Asda and paid by card?

Maybe what Elvis1935 is saying is. Example: If someone goes to machine for cash and only has say £10.50 in their account. They decide to withdraw £10 for some food. Machine withdraws £10 from their account but doesn't give them the cash this leaves them with 50p in their account. Now let's assume they've got an account without an overdraft facility or a pre-paid card. Then they're stuffed. Me personally I have 2 Credit Cards as back-ups for emergencies or if a machine eats my card (Personal experience). But I usually pay by card these days and rarely use a cash machine. 

But if you're at Asda, then why not go in there, do your shopping and pay on the card?

Going to Asda, drawing out a tenner and then using that tenner to pay for food seems counter intuitive to me, considering as how most cash cards are debit cards.

the £10 was for bus the next day all am saying is they could have put notes on them .and also the person

next to me was £160 down and one next her £40

There should be a sticker with a phone number on it detailing who to contact regarding the machine. They will send a guy out to check the machine and will then inform your bank. The fraud department of the bank will then be in contact with you.

Happened to me recently and I stopped others from using it. Went to my car to get my phone and someone else used it and because  I asked them how much they had withdrawn I could quote all this info to the bank and they stopped treating me as a con artist. The money was refunded to my account immediately

13 hours ago, elvis1935 said:

On 29th-11  call at asda  handsworth to get some bits went to get £10 cash for my wife from cash machine card return but no cash but showing as coming from bank and not return as yet told asda all they said is its always happening my point is for me its just £10 but what if had been someone's last bit of cash say to feed the kids asda were not helpful at all

What do you expect Asda to do about it?! It's not there machine or problem.

Contact you bank. And why would someone draw cash out to use in store. Just pay on card and if you need more get cash back