Anyone bought their council house through Regency?

something positive thanks midvixen ill try them, ive got there number ill ring them when i get home thanks again

i can recomend you if u like pm ur details i know with regency they give 250 quid for every application they might have the same rewards scheme

My partner bought his flat on RTB, and mortgage was through Natwest, we had a really good financial advisor, Paul at Mortgage Men in Deepcar - 0114 283 1899. I would recommend using an independent financial advisor as they can search the market for you and advise the best course to take. I have mortgage with Northern Rock and it was initially for 125% of the value.

I have mixed feelings about Right to Buy. Its great for the people who have the opportunity to take advantage of the scheme - but then we have several regular posters who can't get a council property because there are less of them every year.

In answer to your question, see what banks and building societies can offer before taking on a high interest mortgage.

regency they are advertised on tv just wondered if anyone has done this

are they good or bad

thanks

my daughter has recently bought her house through regency with no problems and went through quite quickly.

I have mixed feelings about Right to Buy. Its great for the people who have the opportunity to take advantage of the scheme - but then we have several regular posters who can't get a council property because there are less of them every year.

In answer to your question, see what banks and building societies can offer before taking on a high interest mortgage.

Surely, if a house is already occupied, whether rented or bought it isn’t available to people on a Council waiting list anyway?

Surely, if a house is already occupied, whether rented or bought it isn’t available to people on a Council waiting list anyway?

Not at the time, but when someone moves out of a rented council house its available to someone else for rent. When its been sold through Right to Buy, the original purchaser is usually the only one to benefit. I've known young people desperate for council properties because they are low earners, they have been brought up in a council house and want to start off in one themselves. There aren't enough - when Right to Buy was introduced the government of the day also stopped councils from building more to replace them.

I've known people who could have well afforded to buy on the open market, but bought their council house, stayed in it for a few years and sold it on at nearly the same price as a private one. And of course, many of the younger people who do get a council house, often after thinking its unfair they've had to wait, go on to buy theirs.

thanks for your comments about regency think we will be going ahead now soon to be home owners yippee

i only asked about regency so can we stick to that if it bothers people that much open your own thread dont comment on mine thats not what i was asking,

we not planning on moving any time soon so our house wouldnt of been vacant anyway and the house market is too expensive to buy thats why we are doing it through council, you cant sell for a min of 5 yrs with out paying your discount back anyway and it has to be offered back to the council first if they dont take thats not my problem (not that we plan on moving)

thanks

My response was to peterw - and haven't you noticed that on lots of thread comments are made that are only loosely connected to the o.p. Apologies though if you felt my comments were directed at you.