Taxi driver insurance scam

I became aware of a new scam nocking

Around..

As I was driving in city centre and s9 postcode.

As I was on main road a taxi driver refused me to over take him on a duel carriage way and kept on swerving in front of me as I went behind  him and kept my distance from him  he then braked hard in order for me to go in back of him and put in a claim.

Later I found out from a taxi driver friend

If they've got a old car say 54 plate or in that year age they need to get a new taxi in order to carry on with work and older cars are not allowed on road due to condition of the car...

Please be careful out there 

PEACE

Brake checking and crash for cash isn't exactly a new scam, it's been happening for ages.

It's an epidemic in certain countries like Russia, which is why there are so many dash cam videos featuring Russian drivers as they use them for safety.

I'd recommend anyone to invest in one, they're not expensive and could save you a hell of a lot of hassle in the event of a crash.

Drive a small light car, they won't go for them.

This is why everyone should have a dash cam.  £20 and you can save yourself so much hassle if you do have a bump.

20 hours ago, dutch said:

Drive a small light car, they won't go for them.

I do I've got a Nissan Micra 

On 12/2/2018 at 8:46 PM, Preppershtfs said:

I became aware of a new scam nocking

Around..

As I was on main road a taxi driver refused me to over take him on a duel carriage way and kept on swerving in front of me as I went behind  him and kept my distance from him  he then braked hard in order for me to go in back of him and put in a claim.

If they've got a old car say 54 plate or in that year age they need to get a new taxi in order to carry on with work and older cars are not allowed on road due to condition of the car...

PEACE

So it wasn't a taxi?

Why not write a car driver scam,. or people pretending to show their vehicles as taxis?

I can't see why they would do it, other than to push blame somewhere else.

13 hours ago, Preppershtfs said:

I do I've got a Nissan Micra 

That taxi did not get you and risked getting only minor damage playing these games with a nissan micra.

10 hours ago, *_ash_* said:

So it wasn't a taxi?

Why not write a car driver scam,. or people pretending to show their vehicles as taxis?

I can't see why they would do it, other than to push blame somewhere else.

10 hours ago, *_ash_* said:

The OP clearly states it was a taxi driver. I think its pretty safe to guess they were driving a taxi otherwise how would the OP know it was a taxi driver?

50 minutes ago, sheffbag said:

The OP clearly states it was a taxi driver. I think its pretty safe to guess they were driving a taxi otherwise how would the OP know it was a taxi driver?

The person said it was a 54 plate, and that he/she was told not allowed, so can't have been a black cab, as they are allowed up to 15 years. If it was a PHV - which is the only other option, then a 54 is too old.

29 minutes ago, *_ash_* said:

The person said it was a 54 plate, and that he/she was told not allowed, so can't have been a black cab, as they are allowed up to 15 years. If it was a PHV - which is the only other option, then a 54 is too old.

I

12 hours ago, *_ash_* said:

No they dont. They state that its a Taxi(driver).

The point about the 54 plate is from the information that their friend who is a taxi driver informed them of reasons why these incidents may happen and nothing to do with the vehicle used in the actual incident itself (or thats how i'm reading it)

Me too.  If your privately owned taxi is too old then you have to replace it.  

In Manchester they can't be older than 12 years.    So if you're driving an 06 plated taxi and can't afford to replace it - get in a crash and get it written off, saving you the hassle of selling.  Throw in a bit of compo for whiplash and you've got the dosh for a new taxi.