Anyone sold a bike to cash converters?

I have just ordered a new Electric Mountain Bike and while my other bike is great (Hybrid Type Normal Pedal Bike) I will have little to zero use of it once the new one arrives and it will be in the way in the garage. 

I have listed it on ebay and a facebook group with no success so far. Its a Giant that cost £550 for the bike a few years ago and has a few accessories like lights etc so £600 all in. 

I was hoping to get circa £200 for it which I think is fair with its condition and name etc. 

Was thinking of Cash Converters but I can see them offering my about £20 for it? Anyone tired them?

Stay well away. 

A friend took a Martin acoustic in there because she was realy strapped for cash and they offered her £120 for it. It wasn't that old but was worth between £1200 and £1500. Cash Converters is the We Buy Any Car of the second hand/stolen goods market.

A Giant hybrid in decent nick is a desireable item. If you are not desperate to sell it, hold out for a realistic price.

Unfortunately winter is not the best time to sell a bike.

Probably explains the low offers, they have to cover the costs of all the stock that is stolen.

They'll certainly charge top-dollar for the stuff they sell, it's not like buy-low, sell-low.

A mate of mine bought his own stolen television back from Cash Convertors!

It was his mum's old telly and he didn't have any paperwork for it but it had had a yellow PAT test sticker on the back which he spotted when he went into the branch. The police said that if he had called them straight away and not gone into the shop, they may have been able to get it back for him on the strength of the 'unusual' sticker identification on the back.

As it was a very reliable telly with sentimental value, he swallowed his pride and bought it back from them! :|

By the way, standard advice from many police forces after a burglary is "We suggest you check your local Cash Convertors?"

On 12/2/2018 at 10:12 PM, Top Cats Hat said:

Stay well away. 

A friend took a Martin acoustic in there because she was realy strapped for cash and they offered her £120 for it. It wasn't that old but was worth between £1200 and £1500. Cash Converters is the We Buy Any Car of the second hand/stolen goods market.

A Giant hybrid in decent nick is a desireable item. If you are not desperate to sell it, hold out for a realistic price.

Unfortunately winter is not the best time to sell a bike.

Some good advice.  If the original poster has a private account on Ebay, then  he can list the item with a starting  price which is the lowest amount he is prepared to accept. If the item doesn't sell first time, then he can relist again and continue to relist again until it is sold and he won't have to pay any fees until a buyer is found.

Carboy42, have you also thought of listing it on here?