Wedding presents

Got a wedding invite which says they would like money as a present so they can have a honeymoon. personally I think this is cheeky and would rather buy a present, what do other people think 

Seems like this is the norm now.

The last three weddings I went to,  the bride and groom requested money instead of a gift.

Nowadays with people living together before getting married, they often have most things already anyway.

Quite normal, and you can give as much or little as you like.  The last few weddings I've been to specified no gifts at all, no money, etc as the couples were already set up.  Lots of people still bought gifts though, which were immediately passed on or given away. 

Surely its not cheeky to ask for something useful rather than receiving stuff that will just be clutter?

I think its a bit cheeky but makes sense really. I personally would prefer it if a particular travel company did vouchers so you know the money will be sent on a honeymoon or holiday.