Noisy student neighbours

Hi all

A new group of students moved into the house directly behind me in the summer (Eccy Rd area). This year they are the party types, regularly having outdoor mass gatherings at the weekend and loud music going on until sometimes 6:30am. I've been round asking them to be more considerate but to no avail.

I know the house number, and they're all students of Sheffield Hallam. Does anyone know the best way to approach this? I couldn't find a specific phone number or email to contact the Hallam, and I have no idea who their landlord is.

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Edited by levisage

From Hallam website:
https://www.shu.ac.uk/contact-us
General Enquiries
If you're a prospective student, you can ask us your course and/or study-related questions.

For other or general enquiries please phone 0114 225 5555 or email enquiries@shu.ac.uk and your message will be passed to the right place.

And keep a diary.

Granma.

2 hours ago, levisage said:

Hi all

A new group of students moved into the house directly behind me in the summer (Eccy Rd area). This year they are the party types, regularly having outdoor mass gatherings at the weekend and loud music going on until sometimes 6:30am. I've been round asking them to be more considerate but to no avail.

I know the house number, and they're all students of Sheffield Hallam. Does anyone know the best way to approach this? I couldn't find a specific phone number or email to contact the Hallam, and I have no idea who their landlord is.

Take a trip to their Uni  and inquire who best to speak too about the situation. Thats what I would do.

or tell the students that you are going to do the above, may work

If it is the noise that you are complaining about the the council should be your first port of call. If the house is privately owned I doubt that there would be much that the university could do as they are not their landlord.

2 hours ago, kidley said:

or tell the students that you are going to do the above, may work

Yes agreed,  a better  idea.  

33 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

If it is the noise that you are complaining about the the council should be your first port of call. If the house is privately owned I doubt that there would be much that the university could do as they are not their landlord.

Be hopes its  not a concil house the students will be drawing their pensions before that lot from the council  do owt.   If hallam uni  are made aware of this situation they will stop it or they should.

14 minutes ago, PRESLEY said:

If hallam uni  are made aware of this situation they will stop it or they should.

By doing what exactly?

if it is university accomodation, then the students may be in breach of their tenancy agreement but if it is a privately owned, as most of the student accomodation in that part of the city is, there is not a great deal they can do.

3 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

By doing what exactly?

if it is university accomodation, then the students may be in breach of their tenancy agreement but if it is a privately owned, as most of the student accomodation in that part of the city is, there is not a great deal they can do.

Pity they got rid of the cane, infact the the strap . Sod it just hang em.:roll:

6 hours ago, levisage said:

Hi all

Living in an area with a large student population , you have to expect that .

3 minutes ago, Penistone999 said:

Does that make it right. It wants stopping. :rant:

4 minutes ago, Penistone999 said:

24 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

By doing what exactly?

Wouldnt there be something in a student code of conduct, possibly about bringing the University into disrepute or something along those lines?

1 minute ago, nikki-red said:

Wouldnt there be something in a student code of conduct, possibly about bringing the University into disrepute or something along those lines?

Well said.  Im sure the Uni can sort this type of matter out.