Christmas cards to muslims.

1 minute ago, mafya said:

What’s hocus pocus about it? Jesus or Eesa as we Muslims refer to him was a prophet according to Islamic teachings.

The problem is that most islamophobes aren't comfortable having the huge similarities of Christianity and Islam pointed out to them, and it gets extra awkward when it become obvious that Allah and God are they same deity, and that the two faiths share the same key figures and stories.

Guest makapaka
10 minutes ago, bendix said:

The problem is that most islamophobes aren't comfortable having the huge similarities of Christianity and Islam pointed out to them, and it gets extra awkward when it become obvious that Allah and God are they same deity, and that the two faiths share the same key figures and stories.

I hope you’re not referring to me.

Im certainly not an islamophobe.

im also aware of the similarities thank you.

10 minutes ago, bendix said:

All religion is stupid and a way to control the easily confused. Having said that, I cant believe this obviously trolling thread has lasted 4 pages. I know plenty of muslims and not one of them has ever kicked off when I sent them a Christmas card. This thread is just plain daft.

14 minutes ago, bendix said:

The problem is that most islamophobes aren't comfortable having the huge similarities of Christianity and Islam pointed out to them, 

I remember seeing an interview with that idiot wee Tommy Robinson, where the interviewer put it to him that Christianity and Islam were both Abrahamic religions. He was absolutely insistant that they were not.

That's the danger of getting all your information about a subject from crank US websites! 😂

30 minutes ago, makapaka said:

I hope you’re not referring to me.

Im certainly not an islamophobe.

im also aware of the similarities thank you.

Then what was behind your 'hocus pocus' comment?

Guest makapaka
41 minutes ago, bendix said:

Then what was behind your 'hocus pocus' comment?

A general view of religious stories and teachings - across all religions and certainly not just Islam.

8 minutes ago, makapaka said:

A general view of religious stories and teachings - across all religions and certainly not just Islam.

Fair enough. I'm not religious, but do find the philosophical aspects of different 'religions' interesting.

18 hours ago, K1Machine said:

Why am I trolling? I was told something by a Council rep and I wanted to know if what this person said is TRUE. By the way some of the Tenants have made a complaint about us giving them Christmas cards. I came on here to find out if what we are doing is wrong and I just get slagged off for it. Typical SF. 

Edited by kal el

I worked in the NHS, for over 20 years, I sent cards to all my colleagues and many were Muslims. They sent cards to everyone else at Christmas and no one got offended about it. I think this is just another case of an individual taking it upon themselves to be patronisingly offended on behalf of someone, instead of leaving it to the people concerned to be offended on their own behalf, if it bothers them. 

Edited by dragoness

When I asked some of my [pakistani origin and muslim] work colleagues about how they do christmas, most said they bought the kids presents, but didn't make a big deal of it, nor the kids made of it. Mainly because Christmas can't be avoided, at a guess!

Sounds perfect to me. I wish this would rub off on non-pakistani origin non-muslims.

I'm already sick of Christmas 🤣

Edited by *_ash_*

I've a long standing interest in Egyptology and the murder of the god Osiris by his brother Set, as a result of jealousy, has always had a fascinating parallel for me with the old testament story of Cain and Abel.   I suspect much of 'modern' religion has much much older roots.

As this has gone down the usual, predictably tedious, path. Closing.