Christmas cards to muslims.

All my muslim friends celebrate Christmas.  None of them would be offended by it.

Muslims believe Jesus was one of several prophets of God  and was born to the virgin Mary.  The only key difference is that unlike Christians, they do not believe he was divine or the son of God.   Instead, Jesus, or Isa (as he is known in the Koran) was one in a line of prophets who also include familiar biblical figures like John the Baptist,  Adam, Noah, Abraham, Job, Moses and, of course, Muhammed.

A little education goes a long way. 

If unsure of the protocol Just send Happy Holiday's cards. 

12 minutes ago, scargill said:

If unsure of the protocol Just send Happy Holiday's cards. 

And upset everyone because of the Americanism. ;)

38 minutes ago, amnicoll said:

Strikes me as a complete waste of money giving everyone Christmas cards and if you are worried about causing offense use the money for something else

I have spent many a Christmas in non christian communities abroad and even though it is not part of their culture one will often see Christmas activities,  Even in a small town way in Cambodia (Buddhist) well off the tourist trail I was given Christmas cards by some of the kids (ironically they were all the same as it was the only one stocked in the market)

I agree. I dont buy Christmas Cards.  I dont see the point. For my work colleagues I put sweets on a pod. They go down well and everyone is happy. 

9 minutes ago, woodmally said:

I agree. I dont buy Christmas Cards.  I dont see the point. For my work colleagues I put sweets on a pod. They go down well and everyone is happy. 

I assume you are not a dentist then

Tradition is great when it can be all inclusive and glad that message is now  apparent to all including the Council. No wonder we have these  ongoing problems.

1 hour ago, amnicoll said:

Strikes me as a complete waste of money giving everyone Christmas cards and if you are worried about causing offense use the money for something else

I have spent many a Christmas in non christian communities abroad and even though it is not part of their culture one will often see Christmas activities,  Even in a small town way in Cambodia (Buddhist) well off the tourist trail I was given Christmas cards by some of the kids (ironically they were all the same as it was the only one stocked in the market)

witch village-town was that?

In Cambodia

Pailin

Chi Phat

Koh Kong -

Sen Monorom

thailand

too many to list

Laos

Muang xai

pakse

Vietnam

Sapa  (mid night mass)

Ha Tien

Guest makapaka
1 hour ago, bendix said:

All my muslim friends celebrate Christmas.  None of them would be offended by it.

Muslims believe Jesus was one of several prophets of God  and was born to the virgin Mary.  The only key difference is that unlike Christians, they do not believe he was divine or the son of God.   Instead, Jesus, or Isa (as he is known in the Koran) was one in a line of prophets who also include familiar biblical figures like John the Baptist,  Adam, Noah, Abraham, Job, Moses and, of course, Muhammed.

A little education goes a long way. 

Hocus pocus.

17 minutes ago, makapaka said:

Hocus pocus.

Explain please?

Whether you believe it or not, this is what the Koran says.  Islam, Judaism and Christianity feature pretty much the same people and the same God.

On 12/2/2018 at 11:02 AM, Pyrotequila said:

Punch this man in the face, what an idiot!

😀

3 hours ago, makapaka said:

Hocus pocus.

What’s hocus pocus about it? Jesus or Eesa as we Muslims refer to him was a prophet according to Islamic teachings.