Christmas cards to muslims.

55 minutes ago, amazon123 said:

You've been part of a tenants association for ten years and you can't spell tenant? Smells fishy to me.

I have dyslexia and what has that to do with being on a TARA?

44 minutes ago, Happ said:

How do you know the majority of tennants are muslim?

We get a copy of a tenants levy this tells who pays there Levey and where they live. I send invites to our meetings and I have personally delivered these cards to their flats so I know what ethnicity they are. 

50 minutes ago, Halibut said:

Find the person who said it's illegal and tell them straight that they're a moron.

They are a Patch Officer who typically think they know more than anyone else. 

52 minutes ago, Happ said:

I’d also like to ask if there are any of the Muslim tennants represented themselves on this tennants meeting? 

Yes we have a Muslim representative he speaks several languages and also translates for us.

1 hour ago, Pyrotequila said:

I doubt it's illegal... pretty sure it might be in bad taste though.

It is neither illegal nor in bad taste lol.

The family which runs my corner shop get loads of Xmas cards every year and they put some of them up in the shop (they sell them as well). They also have a poppy tin on the counter in October and November.

If this is the annual "Christmas banned so as not to offend Muslims!" thread, it is a very poor attempt.

Definitely more Poundshop than Waitrose! :banana:

18 minutes ago, kal el said:

We get a copy of a tenants levy this tells who pays there Levey and where they live.

And this tells you the tenants religion? Doubtful.

25 minutes ago, kal el said:

I have personally delivered these cards to their flats so I know what ethnicity they are. 

Again, part of the issue. Confuising ethnicity and religion.

26 minutes ago, kal el said:

Yes we have a Muslim representative he speaks several languages and also translates for us.

And there we have it. Doesn’t this tell you something if your Muslim members or their representitive did not raise this misinformed ignorant “concern”? 

I've sent a Christmas card to my Jehovahs Witness neighbour.

I've also bought selection boxes for the neighbours kids even though their parents insist chocolate makes you fat.(and then bring them round on Halloween).

Edited by willman

What a crap thread, first someone wants you to punch another person in the face, then another wants you to walk up to someone and insult them to their face, obviously both these spineless people would never do that themselves in real life, then the attack on spelling, grammar and dyslexia start, only on SF.

Post(s) have been removed because they could be considered to breach our Terms of Service or Forum Rules.

7 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

It is neither illegal nor in bad taste lol.

The family which runs my corner shop get loads of Xmas cards every year and they put some of them up in the shop (they sell them as well). They also have a poppy tin on the counter in October and November.

If this is the annual "Christmas banned so as not to offend Muslims!" thread, it is a very poor attempt.

Definitely more Poundshop than Waitrose! :banana:

BIB: What he said.

I'm surprised that some forummer hasn't resurrected the moronic Waily Heil story that councils are to ban Christmas, and start calling it 'Winterval' instead. That too was an irresponsible attempt to stir up a bit of controversy.

Edited by Mister M

ooh christmas approaching and we have started with the muslim stories, christmas will be banned next :roll: and maybe somebody will meet one in the carpark of meadowhall who will warn them not to go in

For years My cabbie mate Bazeer and I exchanged Xmas cards even though I'm an atheist and he is a Muslim. I tend to think this thread is another one of those thought up by those who wish to cause division where there is none.

2 hours ago, mickey finn said:

What a crap thread, first someone wants you to punch another person in the face, then another wants you to walk up to someone and insult them to their face, obviously both these spineless people would never do that themselves in real life, then the attack on spelling, grammar and dyslexia start, only on SF.

Guess someone can't take a joke.

Only on SF!

I am an athiest. If someone sent me a happy Eid Card or a Christmas Card or even a Happy Hanukkah card I would not be offended in the slightest. I would be pleased that they thought of me. to be honest.   I dont send cards out myself not because i dont believe but because I see them as a waste. At work I will bring a box of sweets instead (they go down much better).  However I certainly wouldnt be offended by recieving one.  

Strikes me as a complete waste of money giving everyone Christmas cards and if you are worried about causing offense use the money for something else

I have spent many a Christmas in non christian communities abroad and even though it is not part of their culture one will often see Christmas activities,  Even in a small town way in Cambodia (Buddhist) well off the tourist trail I was given Christmas cards by some of the kids (ironically they were all the same as it was the only one stocked in the market)