Christmas cards to muslims.

I have been part of a Tennent's Association for 10 years and every year we give our Tennent's Christmas cards.

Most of our Tennent's are Muslims and I have raised concerns to our Chair about giving these cards to Muslims.

Some one on the Council said that it is Illegal to give Christmas cards to Muslim's and I am just wondering if this is true. I can't really find anything online that proves this.

Can some one please tell me if this is true.

Thanks 

Kal el

1 minute ago, kal el said:

Some one on the Council said that it is Illegal to give Christmas cards to Muslim's and I am just wondering if this is true.

Punch this man in the face, what an idiot!

I doubt it's illegal... pretty sure it might be in bad taste though.

1 minute ago, kal el said:

I have been part of a Tennent's Association for 10 years and every year we give our Tennent's Christmas cards.

Most of our Tennent's are Muslims and I have raised concerns to our Chair about giving these cards to Muslims.

Some one on the Council said that it is Illegal to give Christmas cards to Muslim's and I am just wondering if this is true. I can't really find anything online that proves this.

Thanks 

Kal el

Absolute nonsense. Of course it isn't illegal, 

You've been part of a tenants association for ten years and you can't spell tenant? Smells fishy to me.

What a ridiculous thing to say, especially for a councillor.

It's not illegal, nor is it in bad taste. Plenty of Muslims celebrate Christmas, just the same as atheists (obviously they don't go to church or midnight mass, but neither do the majority of those who give and receive Christmas cards)

Find the person who said it's illegal and tell them straight that they're a moron.

30 minutes ago, kal el said:

Thanks 

Kal el

I would like to understand what the “concern” was or the reasoning you thought to raise it in the first place. This is part of a bigger problem and and although you may think you are “doing right”, it’s a completely ignorant suggestion and way of thinking. If you were giving out pork hampers, it may be worth raising at that point, but a Christmas card would not offend anyone regardless of faith. How do you know the majority of tennants are muslim? How do you know that other tennants that are not muslim, are actually Christian? My family send and receive Christmas cards, just as millions of other families do, and they are also not Christian.

When I was younger I remember receiving Christmas cards through the door from local Muslim families. Likewise i’d send and receive Christmas cards from and to Muslim, Hindu, Jewish and any other people regardless of their faith,  beliefs or religion at school. No one was ever offended and why on earth would they be? The suggestion that it is illegal is a complete an utter ridiculous point, and if that came from a council representative, they shouldn't be in that role.

I’d also like to ask if there are any of the Muslim tennants represented themselves on this tennants meeting? After all, you advised the majority of the occupiers are Muslim (although I am not sure how you know this).

The post and probably the meeting itself reeks of Social Justice Warrior mindlessness. As suggested above, you are doing wrong even though you think you are doing right. Don’t represent what you know very little about. It’s damaging.

Edited by Happ
spelling

7 minutes ago, Halibut said:

Find the person who said it's illegal and tell them straight that they're a moron.

Hmmm... :huh:

... well that's not very nice, is it? :shakes:

As much as we might like to, we can't just go around calling any Tom, Dick or Halibut a moron... :nono:

I worked with Muslim lady who worked as interpreter  (1970s)and I asked how they dealt with things like Xmas for their children at school. Her reply was they let them join in the  Xmas celebrations etc (it was after all learning about other people's religions) and bought them presents, sent cards but treated it as a holiday festival rather  than the birth of Christ. So I guess the answer would be to send a card that does not show the Xmas story and simply send a seasons greeting card. Speak to one of the Muslim tenants and ask how they feel. 

2 minutes ago, gene said:

I worked with Muslim lady who worked as interpreter  (1970s)and I asked how they dealt with things like Xmas for their children at school. Her reply was they let them join in the  Xmas celebrations etc (it was after all learning about other people's religions) and bought them presents, sent cards but treated it as a holiday festival rather  than the birth of Christ. So I guess the answer would be to send a card that does not show the Xmas story and simply send a seasons greeting card. Speak to one of the Muslim tenants and ask how they feel. 

If that is the suggestion, it should be the same for EVERY tennant they send them to; not just the ones they “think” are Musilm.