Stewart&stewart

Anyone remember Stewart & Stewart on Pinstone Street?

Yes indeed - I seem to remember that they were not cheap but very good. Here are some adverts. from old Kelly's directories. S-S.jpg

Yes I remember having my hair cut there as a small child,the  year was about 1956, I used to hate having my hair cut, so I think the reason Mum took me there was they had a big fish tank to distract the kids who were having a  haircut.

My mother took me for my hair cut there in 1945 and they cut all my curls off she went crazy and they didnt come back until i was a teenager and yes ive still got them at 76 not the same colour now though.

I don't know what happened to the scans of adverts. I added to my previous post but here goes again.S-S.jpg

I worked there on Saturdays while still at school and then for about a year after leaving school in 1959,met my first proper girlfriend there,Elaine Wilson.

I worked in mens dept. and guess I was a pain in the neck to  older staff, still ashamed of some of the tricks I did.