Here's a new ebay twist for you!

7 hours ago, phil752 said:

sorry still at a loss was the item defective ?

No.

As I wrote above,

"Anyway, yes the item was fine - hence me leaving feedback saying so, and giving it 5*... "

I never leave feedback why should you , youre the buyer he or she wants a sale

10 hours ago, RiffRaff said:

Not sure what you've managed here, phil752, but looks as though you've managed to insert your response into my post!

Anyway, yes the item was fine - hence me leaving feedback saying so, and giving it 5*...

In this particular case, the seller did leave feedback first - probably on the day of posting.

It was my response - as in post #1 - that presumably annoyed him for some reason,  and he presumably blocked my username from further purchases at that time...

You know the reason the seller was annoyed because you stated the item was a day 'overdue'    It was a little petty mentioning that when you are very happy with the item you received. 

12 hours ago, Itrytoplease said:

Just a question, why are sellers allowed to withhold feedback until they have received it FIRST, If the payment went through and you paid promptly  there is no reason for not leaving good feedback as soon as the payment has gone through. I've stopped leaving feedback now if this occurs as I'm fed up with it.

In fact e/bay should automatically award it.

They most likely  withhold  feedback until they have received it FIRST, because they have experienced problems in the past from non genuine buyers who complain without justification. 

2 hours ago, Lockdoctor said:

You know the reason the seller was annoyed because you stated the item was a day 'overdue'    It was a little petty mentioning that when you are very happy with the item you received. 

They most likely  withhold  feedback until they have received it FIRST, because they have experienced problems in the past from non genuine buyers who complain without justification. 

Had I missed off the inverted commas, I could see your point...but as they were there, and accompanied by "but...?!", to me it reads that the delay hadn't bothered me!

18 minutes ago, RiffRaff said:

Had I missed off the inverted commas, I could see your point...but as they were there, and accompanied by "but...?!", to me it reads that the delay hadn't bothered me!

You're not looking at the situation from the sellers perspective. Yes, you gave positive feedback, but you made a negative comment regarding late delivery.
The seller obviously feels that negative comment regarding delivery might put off other potential customers who read feedback from buying from him and choose another seller instead.

On 11/30/2018 at 6:27 PM, RiffRaff said:

Well, at least you managed contact!

In my case there has been no response whatsoever, so my guess that it's the feedback that's caused the (business) seller to block me is simply that - a guess!

Maybe he was just having a bad day...but it seems a very strange way of running a company!

I only managed to make contact because I found the shop's customer service phone number and rang to ask.  As soon as the phone call had ended I found my phone number blocked from ringing that too, so clearly she meant what she said.  I would never advise leaving a negative comment like your one about being overdue, mainly because the delivery is probably an issue caused by the delivery company (RM, Yahoo, whoever) rather than the seller.  A five star review should be a wholly positive one, and I didn't mention any of the negative feedback in my review but it still got me blocked from buying from that seller again.