Here's a new ebay twist for you!

About 3 weeks ago I bought an item from an eBay seller who prides himself by stating that if an order is received before 2pm, it will be sent 1st Class tracked the same day.

To his credit, it was, but wasn't delivered on the day that was suggested.

Was I bothered? Not in the least. It wasn't urgent, and in fact the item in question hasn't been used to this day!

Once received, I left positive feedback. As you know, you have a limited number of characters...

These are the exact words I left -

Day "overdue", but...?! Simple, clever piece of kit, worth every £ - Cheers. 5*

Note the word "overdue" in inverted commas, and the comment "but...?!", meaning "but hey! Who's bothered!"

Move forward to a couple of days ago, and I tried to buy something else from the same seller.

No, you won't.

He's blocked my username!

Dropped him a query as to why he'd taken this action....no reply.

Yesterday, I thought I'd purchase the item through his website as opposed to eBay.

Bought, paid, confirmed.

30 minutes later, a message saying that a full refund was being arranged!

Dropped him an email last night, detailing the above....as suspected, no response!

So there you have it - even though I left a full 5* positive feedback, he's still peeved that - in his mind - I've caused him grief by "daring" to comment other than in totally glowing terms!

Pathetic...

I have found myself blocked by some sellers for querying an item.  I bought a top which bled dye so badly that it actually dyed my skin black in the areas where it was in contact with my skin, and when I contacted the seller to ask whether they had received other queries about the top and to inform them that there may be a quality issue with the top (I did not ask for a refund and had still left positive feedback) I found myself blocked.

When I rang the customer service number available for the seller, she explained that it was her prerogative to sell to whomever she chose, and that there was no presumption that she would sell to everybody.  It was her way to reduce the risk of her ratings going down, because that would impact on her business.  I was rather surprised that something so petty would result in her denying herself the income from a customer who had ordered several times in the past and always paid promptly, but that was her choice and I then voted with my money and spent it with other traders instead.

Well, at least you managed contact!

In my case there has been no response whatsoever, so my guess that it's the feedback that's caused the (business) seller to block me is simply that - a guess!

Maybe he was just having a bad day...but it seems a very strange way of running a company!

5 hours ago, RiffRaff said:

About 3 weeks ago I bought an item from an eBay seller who prides himself by stating that if an order is received before 2pm, it will be sent 1st Class tracked the same day.

Was I bothered? Not in the least. It wasn't urgent, and in fact the item in question hasn't been used to this day!

Once received, I left positive feedback. As you know, you have a limited number of characters...

Note the word "overdue" in inverted commas, and the comment "but...?!", meaning "but hey! Who's bothered!"

Move forward to a couple of days ago, and I tried to buy something else from the same seller.

No, you won't.

Yesterday, I thought I'd purchase the item through his website as opposed to eBay.

Bought, paid, confirmed.

Dropped him an email last night, detailing the above....as suspected, no response!

So there you have it - even though I left a full 5* positive feedback, he's still peeved that - in his mind - I've caused him grief by "daring" to comment other than in totally glowing terms!

Pathetic...

Perhaps the seller doesn't like selling to RiffRaff  😂

12 hours ago, Pyrotequila said:

If he's being a bit of a prat, try leaving him some follow up feedback?
https://www.ebay.co.uk/pages/help/feedback/respond.html#leaving

Done so : obviously a much shortened version of my original post here. He's responded in kind, repeating that the item was sent on the day of purchase and therefore it's Royal Mail's "fault".

He's either mis-interpreting what's happened, or perhaps can't read very well.

Either way, he's lost a circa £40 sale.

Strange way to run a business....

11 hours ago, Lockdoctor said:

Perhaps the seller doesn't like selling to RiffRaff  😂

Maybe so!

Not heard of that before, but it can work the other way round with the customer giving undeserved bad feedback.  A friend sold a 1968 Sugden amplifier to a buyer, I think it was, in S. Korea. The unit looked new as though "out of the box", which in that condition must have been ultra rare and virtually unique! He then received bad feedback because it had a UK plug fitted!

2 hours ago, carosio said:

Not heard of that before, but it can work the other way round with the customer giving undeserved bad feedback.  A friend sold a 1968 Sugden amplifier to a buyer, I think it was, in S. Korea. The unit looked new as though "out of the box", which in that condition must have been ultra rare and virtually unique! He then received bad feedback because it had a UK plug fitted!

A pal of mine sold a Stihl saw last year : it was clearly sold as "non-starting, for spares or repair", or whatever terminology eBay use, and the fault (and cause) was also described.

Negative feedback came flying back, and a claim for a full refund followed shortly.

The buyer complained that the faulty part/s were identical to the already faulty parts on HIS machine, so tried to claim that it had been mis-sold!

After many weeks of eBay being involved, his claim was eventually thrown out, but my pal's feedback score took a nosedive as a result!

Just a question, why are sellers allowed to withhold feedback until they have received it FIRST, If the payment went through and you paid promptly  there is no reason for not leaving good feedback as soon as the payment has gone through. I've stopped leaving feedback now if this occurs as I'm fed up with it.

In fact e/bay should automatically award it.

On 11/30/2018 at 4:38 PM, RiffRaff said:

No, you won't.

Bought, paid, confirmed.

Pathetic...

did the item work as described 

Edited by phil752

Not sure what you've managed here, phil752, but looks as though you've managed to insert your response into my post!

Anyway, yes the item was fine - hence me leaving feedback saying so, and giving it 5*...

2 hours ago, Itrytoplease said:

Just a question, why are sellers allowed to withhold feedback until they have received it FIRST, If the payment went through and you paid promptly  there is no reason for not leaving good feedback as soon as the payment has gone through. I've stopped leaving feedback now if this occurs as I'm fed up with it.

In fact e/bay should automatically award it.

In this particular case, the seller did leave feedback first - probably on the day of posting.

It was my response - as in post #1 - that presumably annoyed him for some reason,  and he presumably blocked my username from further purchases at that time...

56 minutes ago, RiffRaff said:

Not sure what you've managed here, phil752, but looks as though you've managed to insert your response into my post!

Anyway, yes the item was fine - hence me leaving feedback saying so, and giving it 5*...

In this particular case, the seller did leave feedback first - probably on the day of posting.

It was my response - as in post #1 - that presumably annoyed him for some reason,  and he presumably blocked my username from further purchases at that time...

sorry still at a loss was the item defective ?