Silver stacking

just wondered if there were any silver stackers like myself on the forum ?

I occasionally wear silver but don't own enough pieces to form a stack.

I've searched online, but I'm still none the wiser...what on earth is "Silver stacking" ?

11 hours ago, Pyrotequila said:

I've searched online, but I'm still none the wiser...what on earth is "Silver stacking" ?

its just not following the herd , put simply .  

Am I alone in thinking that this was going to be about supermarket shelf-filling pensioners?!

Silver stacking is the inducement to buy silver at way above the market price from dealers and enjoy being part of a roller coaster investment  which has seen the market price of silver drop by 60% since 2011, compared to gold which dropped by nowhere near as much.

Speculators periodically flood the internet with "information" designed to drive up their sales. They are then quick to sell at the top of the market, unlike normal people who hold on, and hold on, hoping that they can recoup some of their "investment" by paying the same people to buy it off them.

It's just like gambling, apparently it can be fun. Personally I don't see any fun in giving somebody else money to bet on an unknown outcome- if it is so good why don't they use their own money? Why are they trying to help me out?

No investment is safe- a range of investments is safer.

you remember I said  not following the herd /its that bad an investment jp morgan is reported to have around 260million ounces in their storage 

Edited by craig12

"Not following the herd" could be used as a justification for investing in magic beans, or going out to town whilst not wearing any trousers...

33 minutes ago, Cyclone said:

"Not following the herd" could be used as a justification for investing in magic beans, or going out to town whilst not wearing any trousers...

ok we,ll use the phrase walking zombies then 

Edited by craig12

5 minutes ago, Cyclone said:

Thinking on exactly the same lines myself.

How is  "Not following the herd" a good idea when the value of your investment has dropped by 60% in 10 years + 20%VAT.

Perhaps it would be wiser to "Follow the Hunt(brothers)".

Being seduced by a "doomsday" attitude, being convinced through minutes of "internet research" or even a "Hunt Brothers" wheeze, is not a good basis for investment or even prudent collecting.

The reason big speculators can still make money on currency and precious metal is that they can turn deals in seconds and settle accounts daily and taxes annually -we cannot.

Having a bit of fun is great but the heard migrated from silver years ago and are yet to return.

Psst, I've heard tulips could be...