Syp lying to the public again!

2 minutes ago, Happ said:

Obviously there was absolutely no need to call them in the first instance if you gave up after only 10 minutes. The fact that you haven’t called them many times, and not at all in the last year, suggests your original post is a complete fabrication and/or exaggeration.

Grow up!! I gave up after 10/12 minutes because I was out in the street, the 6 kids could see me on my mobile, and it was ******* down with rain. now drop the subject (Mr policeman)

4 hours ago, Resident said:

My own experiences and that of those who took part in Calendar's news item. The abandoned calls figure was also quoted in Calendar's news report. 

The 3 minute figure came from a statement by SYP. 

No doubt they included the abandoned calls which on a call centre system would show as 0.00 as, from previous employment, wait time isn't recorded unless answered. Using those 21,000 zero calls to MISREPRESENT the figures is still lying. 

Amazing analysis! The fact that your previous employer used call monitoring hadware/ software that was insufficient, doesn’t mean that South Yorkshire Police are doing the same. Their phone system will without doubt be able to distinguish the difference between a dropped call and a call that was answered in 0 seconds. I would virtually guarantee that they did not compute the dropped calls as answered when averaging the wait time.

Just now, Itrytoplease said:

Grow up!! I gave up after 10/12 minutes because I was out in the street, the 6 kids could see me on my mobile, and it was ******* down with rain. now drop the subject (Mr policeman)

You cannot start a topic for conversation and then tell someone to “drop it” when you are called out for being misinformed.

Am I mistaken about it being a "Call back" service coming in? No! and the time I quoted was based I my personal time, which happens to be in line with independent assessments.  Misinformed, I think not. 

I believe the that the average waiting time for 101 is now somewhere between 20 and 45 minutes depending on  time of day.  

I don't think that I have ever been connected in less than 15 minutes and the 'due to a high volume of calls' message seems to be a permanent fixture.  Also those waiting times are to be connected to the operator. To report a crime you need to be connected to SYP communications which can be another 20 minutes on hold. To update an existing crime, you need to be connected to the Crime Bureau which has a ring back system.

Recently the operator has been asking for caller details before putting you through to either the Crime Bureau or communications. Politely decline and ask firmly to be put straight through as when you are connected you will be asked all those questions again.

The 101 system is a complete mess and the result is a reduction of reported and recorded crime. Whether this is deliberate or just sheer incompetence or is unclear. Knowing SYP it is likely to be incompetence. :suspect:

On 11/30/2018 at 2:21 PM, Resident said:

My own experiences and that of those who took part in Calendar's news item. The abandoned calls figure was also quoted in Calendar's news report. 

The 3 minute figure came from a statement by SYP. 

No doubt they included the abandoned calls which on a call centre system would show as 0.00 as, from previous employment, wait time isn't recorded unless answered. Using those 21,000 zero calls to MISREPRESENT the figures is still lying. 

I've joined this very late but I used to install large phone systems ...800-1000 seats ...and abandoned calls were always recorded as such for the stats,,

Phoned several times throughout the year at different times of the day and I would say average time waiting was 20 minutes.