Syp lying to the public again!

https://www.thestar.co.uk/news/police-slammed-over-delays-in-getting-new-101-telephone-system-into-operation-1-9193050

Tonight on Calendar News SYP claimed that the average hold time for incoming calls was just under 3 minutes, despite evidence to the contrary, including but not limited to the fact that 23% of last month's calls (that's 21,000 calls) were abandoned after excessive wait times. 

They blame recent delays on a new IT system yet these delay lengths have been going on as far back as 2015 from personal experience. 

When will SYP stop lying to get out of trouble? 

When will we, as taxpayers and citizens who are meant to be trusting them, realise that they are just self-serving and no longer fit for purpose and demand central government deal with them? 

As I understand it, the new system will take your number and they then phone you back, when ? I don't know, but this does seem a bit of a cop out to me - cutting waiting times by taking your number and phoning you back.

How many times have you called the police to be able to have a calculated opinion on wait call times?

4 hours ago, Resident said:

https://www.thestar.co.uk/news/police-slammed-over-delays-in-getting-new-101-telephone-system-into-operation-1-9193050

Tonight on Calendar News SYP claimed that the average hold time for incoming calls was just under 3 minutes, despite evidence to the contrary, including but not limited to the fact that 23% of last month's calls (that's 21,000 calls) were abandoned after excessive wait times. 

They blame recent delays on a new IT system yet these delay lengths have been going on as far back as 2015 from personal experience. 

When will SYP stop lying to get out of trouble? 

When will we, as taxpayers and citizens who are meant to be trusting them, realise that they are just self-serving and no longer fit for purpose and demand central government deal with them? 

Why don't you volunteer as a Special Constable, then you might realise that you are posting vacuous drivel.

Edited by Broakham
My bold

I'm surprised that people are surprised that the waiting time is longer after the police budgets are slashed and tens of thousands are made redundant.

As for them saying it isn't, my guess would be that if they didn't say that it'd slashed even further as a 'failing' force or some other such jargon.

Does the OP have any real evidence that SYP are lying, or is he just talking guff?

1 hour ago, Halibut said:

Does the OP have any real evidence that SYP are lying, or is he just talking guff?

Have you ever tried to phone 101??  3 minute wait time is amazingly quick in my experience.

I phoned West Yorks 101 a while ago, gave up after over 30 minutes waiting.

12 minutes ago, geared said:

Have you ever tried to phone 101??  3 minute wait time is amazingly quick in my experience.

I phoned West Yorks 101 a while ago, gave up after over 30 minutes waiting.

You do you understand what 'average' means don't you?

Yes if I waited 30 minutes (closer to 45 but whatever) and 30 other people each waited for 2 minutes then the average wait time is 3 minutes (just under) and my personal experience was just an anomaly.

16 hours ago, Happ said:

How many times have you called the police to be able to have a calculated opinion on wait call times?

Not at all, but i've  phoned 101 on occasion over the years, the last time about 12 month ago Waited 10/12 minutes then gave up, like a lot of people who try to report a crime or anti social behaviour.

5 hours ago, Halibut said:

My own experiences and that of those who took part in Calendar's news item. The abandoned calls figure was also quoted in Calendar's news report. 

The 3 minute figure came from a statement by SYP. 

No doubt they included the abandoned calls which on a call centre system would show as 0.00 as, from previous employment, wait time isn't recorded unless answered. Using those 21,000 zero calls to MISREPRESENT the figures is still lying. 

5 hours ago, Itrytoplease said:

Not at all, but i've  phoned 101 on occasion over the years, the last time about 12 month ago Waited 10/12 minutes then gave up, like a lot of people who try to report a crime or anti social behaviour.

Obviously there was absolutely no need to call them in the first instance if you gave up after only 10 minutes. The fact that you haven’t called them many times, and not at all in the last year, suggests your original post is a complete fabrication and/or exaggeration.