Sofa through a first floor window

Hi all, 

Just moved into my first property and I've come to the conclusion that I'm really going to struggle to get our new sofa into the lounge via the front door. However, it will fit through the upstairs window no problem as it's wide and opens fully - the problem is getting it up there as the window is on the back of the property and 3.2m high! Another challenge is getting into the back garden as there is no direct access, but access should be available via next door's small rock garden (and over a low fence) with a few strong people lifting it, 

I've had a quick google and there appears to be a common issue with a few solutions but open to your ideas. 

And can anyone recommend any companies which can do this? I reckon it should be easy enough with a few burly men. 

Thanks

Edited by p3rks236

Unless you wanna rent some scaffolding it's unlikely even some burly men will be able to drag a sofa up the side of a house.

Usually you can fix a sofa in a door on it's end or at an angle, unless this window is massive I'd be surprised that it's the only option.

Are you sure you can get the sofa down the stairs should you be able to get it in through the window

Many sofas come to pieces.  Often there are hidden bolts, but you may need to remove some of the lining underneath and re-staple it after re-assembly.  Some even have a lever tucked away between the back and the arm which releases the back for ease of transport.

Have a look how the upholstery has been put on.  If the arms and back were clearly upholstered before assembly it has to be possible to take it apart.

Having said that, I once hauled a double bed up on a rope to get it through the attic window.  :)

couldnt you take out the glass from the front window if its big enough to get the sofa through or remove all the window frame and put back