Judith broomhead

Would like to contact my cousin with a view to finding family history,the family was broken up when we were both about eight or nine,the last time I saw her was in Whitely woods when our mothers fell out. 

Some more details would be helpful Mike, for example Judith's age, where she was living when you last saw her, names of any siblings etc. 

There are a number of users on here who seem to be pretty good at this sort of thing - hopefully one will be along in due course. Good luck.

I guess she would be 75 now same age as me ,she lived then in Crosspool ,sheffield .

We had Iknow  uncles and aunts in common,one uncle had a grocers shop in crookes ,his name was Jim Speight,his wife was called Edna.Another uncle who emigrated to Canada around about 1920 afterserving in France 14/18.

Iknow our mothers maiden names were Speight ,and we lived on Oakbrook road.

Also the name Tingle is connected.

Edited by Mikesmith
spelling

Hi Mikesmith - I can just give some information from public records.  A Judith A. Broomhead was born in Sheffield in July-Sept. 1945, her parents evidently being Bernard Broomhead (born 1905) and Dorothy Ida Speight (born 1904) who were married in Sheffield in 1929. Dorothy had an older brother James Edwin Speight, born 1901 and a younger sister Beatrice Mary Speight, born 1906, who evidently married Herbert Tingle in Sheffield in 1941.  It seems that Judith had older siblings John B. Broomhead, born 1930, and Shirley Broomhead, born 1933. The '1939 Register' finds the family at 28 Headland Road, Crosspool. A Judith A. Broomhead married a Christopher J. Lomas in Sheffield in 1967, so you may be looking for a Judith A. Lomas - in any event good luck in your quest!

Edited by hillsbro

In the 2002 electoral registers, there is a Judith A. Lomas living at 41 Frickley Road, Sheffield, S11 7EX.  Her age guide is given

as 65+. although the age guides are not always reliable.  She appears to be living alone.   Frickley Road is quite close to Whitley Woods.

23 hours ago, hillsbro said:

Hi Mikesmith - I can just give some information from public records.  A Judith A. Broomhead was born in Sheffield in July-Sept. 1945, her parents evidently being Bernard Broomhead (born 1905) and Dorothy Ida Speight (born 1904) who were married in Sheffield in 1929. Dorothy had an older brother James Edwin Speight, born 1901 and a younger sister Beatrice Mary Speight, born 1906, who evidently married Herbert Tingle in Sheffield in 1941.  It seems that Judith had older siblings John B. Broomhead, born 1930, and Shirley Broomhead, born 1933. The '1939 Register' finds the family at 28 Headland Road, Crosspool. A Judith A. Broomhead married a Christopher J. Lomas in Sheffield in 1967, so you may be looking for a Judith A. Lomas - in any event good luck in your quest!

Thank you so much,all the information you have given fits perfectly with the information that I have regarding names and addresses.I am so grateful,many thanks again.

21 hours ago, Moirahyde said:

In the 2002 electoral registers, there is a Judith A. Lomas living at 41 Frickley Road, Sheffield, S11 7EX.  Her age guide is given

as 65+. although the age guides are not always reliable.  She appears to be living alone.   Frickley Road is quite close to Whitley Woods.

It is such a small world,I walk Whitely woods regularly and pass within 100yds of Frickley rd.

Thank you,I am quite overwhelmed by all the help from all.

Hi Mikesmith - glad to be able to help a little. I forgot to mention that you were right about your uncle Jim's wife being Edna.  James E. Speight married Edna Wright in 1935.

There is another Judith A. Lomas on Sheffield electoral registers, more recent but not so near Whiteley Woods. I'll send details via message.