Increase in knife crime.

17 minutes ago, woodview said:

I get searched at football, and lots of others do too. It's not caused us to hate police and society. I'm not focused on it, it's a directly relevant example of it happening everyday now, to everyday people.

Lots of police have got plenty of 'room for improvement' , no doubt, but ultimately their purpose is to fight crime. My suggestion is search anybody under 25, especially male, regardless. Do it with a scanner, and explain it's happening to everybody. Easy to explain it's a crackdown based on a current problem. Some will kick off, most will understand.

Also, it is just a part of the solution. The real answer lies in tackling the root causes, of course.

as i said football and airports are different, stop using those as an example, you KNOW you will get searched going there, you choose to go knowing you will be searched, being searched going to the shops or to your girlfriends is different, completely different.

Being searched because of your colour, race, age or gender is completely different to just going to a football match too,

1 hour ago, melthebell said:

the first things governments cut are things for kids and youths to do and engage with, then wonder why they dont engage and do stuff Oo

I run a sports club every year since taking over in 2010(ish) it i've offered free sports sessions - the youth club is next door to us - no takers ever.  

9 minutes ago, melthebell said:

as i said football and airports are different, stop using those as an example, you KNOW you will get searched going there, you choose to go knowing you will be searched, being searched going to the shops or to your girlfriends is different, completely different.

Being searched because of your colour, race, age or gender is completely different to just going to a football match too,

In your opinion.

Why is it ok for me to be searched going to football, but not a bunch of 16 year olds hanging about after dark? So, I will use it as an example, sorry if you don't like it.

In this scenario being searched based on colour and race is not an acceptable criteria. I'd say age and gender is.

If I were aiming to catch knife carriers it would be young men I'd be searching.

Theresa May doesn't think that there is a link between resources and increase in knife crime. Her Home Secretary begs to differ.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/sajid-javid-knife-crime-theresa-may-police-cuts-austerity-tory-a8810021.html

Just now, Mister M said:

Theresa May doesn't think that there is a link between resources and increase in knife crime. Her Home Secretary begs to differ.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/sajid-javid-knife-crime-theresa-may-police-cuts-austerity-tory-a8810021.html

1 hour ago, Mister M said:

I noticed javid is channelling his inner 80s-era-sly-stallone by saying knife crime should be treated as a "disease". He is no doubt the cure, and if anyone can Photoshop his face onto the poster of the film Cobra I'll be forever in you debt.

Fairly typical, the unemployed left wing losers want to spend more money on extra policing.

The same ones will then all be up in arms about them doing what they are supposed to do, searching for and removing weapons from the streets.

1 hour ago, woodview said:

In your opinion.

Why is it ok for me to be searched going to football, but not a bunch of 16 year olds hanging about after dark? So, I will use it as an example, sorry if you don't like it.

In this scenario being searched based on colour and race is not an acceptable criteria. I'd say age and gender is.

If I were aiming to catch knife carriers it would be young men I'd be searching.

What's wrong with 16 year olds hanging about after dark? I did it, and we got frisked by the plod regularly. Our "crime" was being 16, out after dark. Nobody had form and frankly it got tiresome.

2 minutes ago, gomgeg said:

Fairly typical, the unemployed left wing losers want to spend more money on extra policing.

The same ones will then all be up in arms about them doing what they are supposed to do, searching for and removing weapons from the streets.

So what's the answer captain right-wing? Less police and just let it become a big free-for-all?

5 minutes ago, gomgeg said:

the sooner stop and search for anyone is brought into place the better and targeted stop and search too, if you are hanging around on street corners with a hoodie and baseball cap , trendy trainers and looking well dodgy you should be ripe for a pull, nothing to do with colour before anyone starts. its the gang and drug culture simple , extra policing would help if it was accurately targeted. youth clubs and activities do me a favour these youngsters will laugh in your face.

schools and any place should have zero tolerance, these kids/youths are not afraid of authority so him the and hit them hard.

But will the police recognise trendy trainers? Again it's another cost, trendy trainer identification training, and it's the tax payer footing the bill.

16 minutes ago, gomgeg said:

Poor quality trolling. 0/10 for effort and imagination

14 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

What's wrong with 16 year olds hanging about after dark? I did it, and we got frisked by the plod regularly. Our "crime" was being 16, out after dark. Nobody had form and frankly it got tiresome.

So what's the answer captain right-wing? Less police and just let it become a big free-for-all?

I'm surprised you've lost the ability to read  considering you spend all your time on here. Where did I say we need less police? In fact I think we need more police on the streets doing what they're paid to do, and if it upsets the left wingers, hard luck.

4 hours ago, melthebell said:

yeah wonder which bits? bits around parliament maybe, around buckingham palace, westminster, the rich areas?

I have an inkling you may be right.

Angel1.