Increase in knife crime.

33 minutes ago, Padders said:

The more killings we have, the more its publicised on TV, the newspapers ETC, even filmed on mobile phones.

This in my opinion makes it more acceptable for youngsters to carry knives initially for protection...

I was a member of a gang in the 60s, we used to fight neighbouring gangs from other estates, who invaded our patch, back then it was stone throwing fights, did we care if someone was blinded or seriously hurt, nope.. 

Can"t see any answers to the problem, we live in a much more violent society now, where carrying a knife is cool.

Soon it will be guns.

it is already guns at the top end of the gang scale which before long will filter down to these lunatics who think it gives them more power!

14 minutes ago, neworderishere said:

it is already guns at the top end of the gang scale which before long will filter down to these lunatics who think it gives them more power!

You can't buy a handgun at tk Maxx though can you.

Time to get tough with the morons who carry a blade. 50 thousand extra coppers will not stop these lunatics from wielding a  knife. The only way is to punish them, hard. Hard enough to make any one carrying a bladed weapon scared of the jail time they will receive. 

So the punishment, for carrying a blade, 15 years to serve, meaning 15 years will be served, not half as it is now. Punishment for killing a fellow human, 30 years to serve, as above 30 years will be served, not one day less.

I cannot see any spotty faced cretin having the balls to risk 15 years in clink, likewise 30 years will scare the pants off these complete idiots.

Before any snowflake replies about reforming these morons, sewing mailbag for8 hrs a day will reform them,  15/30 years been too long, doubtful you would think that if you lost a child to these knife wielding criminal idiots.

Angel1.

39 minutes ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

Time to get tough with the morons who carry a blade. 50 thousand extra coppers will not stop these lunatics from wielding a  knife. The only way is to punish them, hard. Hard enough to make any one carrying a bladed weapon scared of the jail time they will receive. 

So the punishment, for carrying a blade, 15 years to serve, meaning 15 years will be served, not half as it is now. Punishment for killing a fellow human, 30 years to serve, as above 30 years will be served, not one day less.

I cannot see any spotty faced cretin having the balls to risk 15 years in clink, likewise 30 years will scare the pants off these complete idiots.

Before any snowflake replies about reforming these morons, sewing mailbag for8 hrs a day will reform them,  15/30 years been too long, doubtful you would think that if you lost a child to these knife wielding criminal idiots.

Angel1.

I carry a knife every day. I’ve never stabbed anyone, I’ve no intention of stabbing anyone. This city has made literally millions of pocket knives over hundreds of years and the vast majority didn’t end up  embedded in the chest of a teenager.

There are various schools of thought on why knife crime is up, but dropping 20k police officers won’t help.

51 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

I carry a knife every day. I’ve never stabbed anyone, I’ve no intention of stabbing anyone. This city has made literally millions of pocket knives over hundreds of years and the vast majority didn’t end up  embedded in the chest of a teenager.

There are various schools of thought on why knife crime is up, but dropping 20k police officers won’t help.

And I bet you wear a Titanium Reinforced Plated Knife Proof  TIN FOIL VEST.

2 hours ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

Angel1.

Does the death penalty stop people murdering people? no, theres still people being done for it and sentenced to die

23 minutes ago, Padders said:

And I bet you wear a Titanium Reinforced Plated Knife Proof  TIN FOIL VEST.

A works polo shirt most of the time. 

4 hours ago, Bob Arctor said:

And a white girl who used to be in the scouts. It shouldn't matter, because the tragedies are equal, but it will matter more to politicians than black boys being killed in places like Peckham.

They're both terrible, and they both matter, but one is more unusual and deemed to be more shocking (therefore more newsworthy).

I think people have different reactions to different circumstances, rightly or wrongly.

"Gang member in stabbing incident" isn't really very surprising, whereas "Innocent schoolgirl stabbed by gang member" is quite frightening, it says that something terrible could happen to anyone, whereas the other headline suggests that being a gang member is a dangerous occupation.  Not that I'm claiming to know the circumstances, just using this as an illustration.

1 hour ago, tinfoilhat said:

And if you have a good reason for carrying one, then no problem. 

However, if you don't, I'm afraid something has to be done to stop these wicked crimes, and if that means some genuine people have to be more careful and selective about when they actually need to carry a knife for reasonable causes, or face the consequences, then so be it.  Whatever we are doing now is obviously not good enough. 

25 minutes ago, Olive said:

They're both terrible, and they both matter, but one is more unusual and deemed to be more shocking (therefore more newsworthy).

I think people have different reactions to different circumstances, rightly or wrongly.

"Gang member in stabbing incident" isn't really very surprising, whereas "Innocent schoolgirl stabbed by gang member" is quite frightening, it says that something terrible could happen to anyone, whereas the other headline suggests that being a gang member is a dangerous occupation.  Not that I'm claiming to know the circumstances, just using this as an illustration.

As my point stated there was no mention of any creed or colour, a murder is a murder, black, white, yellow, brown they are all somebody's loved ones and did not deserve to be killed.

Angel1.

7 hours ago, Bob Arctor said:

Expect something to be done about this now that middle class children have been killed. While it was kids in Woodthorpe the politicians couldn't give a monkeys.

Absolutely on the money.

1 minute ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

As my point stated there was no mention of any creed or colour, a murder is a murder, black, white, yellow, brown they are all somebody's loved ones and did not deserve to be killed.

Angel1.

I'm not disagreeing.

I was responding to Bob Arctor's specific point.