Increase in knife crime.

6 hours ago, alchresearch said:

The cycle is lying in the middle of the road because the fella with the knife was cycling along when the car just pulled out on him.  I can't recall if he was knocked off his bike or swerved to avoid the car.  But there's video footage of it knocking around the net.

It doesn't excuse the road rage behviour with a knife though.  But then again with all the knife attacks at the moment I've occasionally thought about carrying something to protect myself.   At the moment its a giant maglite torch in my shoulder bag, but only because I walk through an unlit park after work.

ETA here's the footage from when it happened in June.  For some reason its paused at a critical moment which messes up the continuity a bit, I can't make out if the bike stops first to confront the driver:

There's more about the story here:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/11/27/cyclist-filmed-pulling-zombie-knife-smashing-car-window-terrifying/

Why didn't the car just drive away instead of crashing into the van?

Edit. His way was blocked by the vehicle with the dashcam?

Still didn't have to crash.

Edited by Jim Hardie

The guy with the knife is behaving like a psychopath. Look at how much effort he is putting in to get at the driver. If the car doors had not been locked I think we would be looking at a murder charge. He wasn’t going to shake the driver’s hand and say, "that was a near one bruv".

My thoughts are that we will be hearing about this maniac in a few years after he has murdered someone. What happened to the mandatory up to 5 years for carrying a knife let alone trying to use it on a person, all supported by video evidence. Sends out the wrong message. The judge ought to sacked.      

4 hours ago, Janus said:

The guy with the knife is behaving like a psychopath.

He's behaving like he's very angry. You clearly have a misunderstanding about what psychopathy is.

6 minutes ago, Halibut said:

He's behaving like he's very angry. You clearly have a misunderstanding about what psychopathy is.

Hmmm, are you apologising for the knife man ?

Edited by mickey finn

Thank you Halibut. The video clip I watched looked quite scary  to me. What is your guess of what would have happened if the doors had not been locked. Genuinely interested.

Edited by Janus

Just now, Janus said:

Thank you. The video clip I watched looked quite scary  to me. What is your guess of what would have happened if the doors had not been locked. Genuinely interested.

Somebody would get hurt I imagine, thank god nobody did.

1 minute ago, mickey finn said:

Hmmm, are you apologising for the knife man ?

No, just pointing out Janus's inaccurate use of language.

3 minutes ago, Halibut said:

No, just pointing out Janus's inaccurate use of language.

I can understand why that language is being used though, the lad had lost it, it must have been terrifying for the people on the receiving end, in fact terrifying for other onlookers.

On 11/28/2018 at 12:17 PM, El Cid said:

Perhaps the judge knew that if the teen was locked up for xx years, he would just come out a more hardened criminal?

So you stick him back in jail for twice as long, at least he is away from the public.

Angel1.