Increase in knife crime.

2 minutes ago, gomgeg said:

I'm surprised you've lost the ability to read  considering you spend all your time on here. Where did I say we need less police? In fact I think we need more police on the streets doing what they're paid to do, and if it upsets the left wingers, hard luck.

I've lost the ability to read, because I spend all my time here. Reading.

Hmmm.

But at least we agree on more police.

Theres already been a warning on this thread about bickering and personal comments.

If you cant post without having digs at each other then please dont post at all.

Edited by nikki-red

Can anyone enlighten me why Labour voted against knife crime enforcement orders,and why they voted against an extra  £970 million for the police. ??  This was last month in the HOL                                                                                           .https://order-order.com/2019/03/06/labours-laughable-law-order-pitch/

4 hours ago, melthebell said:

as i said football and airports are different, stop using those as an example, you KNOW you will get searched going there, you choose to go knowing you will be searched, being searched going to the shops or to your girlfriends is different, completely different.

Being searched because of your colour, race, age or gender is completely different to just going to a football match too,

I’m not sure about all of the areas that were mentioned  but I’m sure Soho is one of them.  Now it’s a long time since I was in the City so I have no idea what that area is like.

Apologies but this should have been on post 85.

Edited by hauxwell

7 hours ago, woodview said:

Plus, easy way to diffuse the whole thing is make it clear nearly everybody is going to be done, especially under 25 males. Then it's clear it's not race or background.

Except at no time in their history have the British police shown themselves capable of this.

1 hour ago, m0cbt said:

Can anyone enlighten me why Labour voted against knife crime enforcement orders,and why they voted against an extra  £970 million for the police. ??  This was last month in the HOL                                                                                           .https://order-order.com/2019/03/06/labours-laughable-law-order-pitch/

I believe they were waiting for their maths guru, Abbott of the abacus to certify the £970 million. Sadly she was stumped after 20, ran out of fingers and toes to count.

Angel1.

3 hours ago, tinfoilhat said:

What's wrong with 16 year olds hanging about after dark? I did it, and we got frisked by the plod regularly. Our "crime" was being 16, out after dark. Nobody had form and frankly it got tiresome.

So what's the answer captain right-wing? Less police and just let it become a big free-for-all?

Nothings wrong with it, I did it too. But as you say, if you get frisked, so be it. Better than getting stabbed because it's an awkward situation for people to contemplate.

39 minutes ago, Bob Arctor said:

Except at no time in their history have the British police shown themselves capable of this.

Home secretary can announce that it's policy. Sorted.

15 minutes ago, woodview said:

Home secretary can announce that it's policy. Sorted.

Crikey, that's naïve. The Home Secretary can say it, their Commissioners can say it, and history tells us that what they hear is "Check the dark ones".  And when they try and get more non-white coppers to address that, the white justice warriors go berserk. 

2 hours ago, Bob Arctor said:

Crikey, that's naïve. The Home Secretary can say it, their Commissioners can say it, and history tells us that what they hear is "Check the dark ones".  And when they try and get more non-white coppers to address that, the white justice warriors go berserk. 

Its the dark ones doing the majority of stabbings according to the figures, so the coppers will head that way more than the white ones.

8 hours ago, willman said:

I run a sports club every year since taking over in 2010(ish) it i've offered free sports sessions - the youth club is next door to us - no takers ever.  

who pays for that?

2 minutes ago, phil752 said:

who pays for that?

Not the kids. The club makes enough to cover our overheads, a few extra bodies doesn't cost us any more.

On 28/11/2018 at 13:10, Sheffield87 said:

Yes, protecting the public is of course important - but are you suggesting that everyone convicted of a violent offence should be imprisoned? As it stands, the vast majority of prisons are overflowing, not fit for purpose and provide very little by way of rehabilitation. Often the courts consider that a suspended sentence offers more in the way of punishment and opportunity for rehabilitation than a relatively short prison sentence. In addition, there is of course the possibility that he will serve that sentence if he commits any further offences in the next two years or fails to comply with the conditions attached to the order. 

Having taken into account his guilty plea (to some of the charges), his age - he was only 17 at the time, the lack of serious harm, any personal mitigation and the fact he had already spent 6 months in prison on remand, the judge arrived at that sentence. The BBC are reporting that it has been referred to the Attorney General so it may be sent to the Court of Appeal in the coming months. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-46370271

Yes I read the post the first time round, but it wrongly implies that was the only condition attached to the suspended sentence order. A two year suspended sentence isn’t “walking free”. 

Such inaccurate reporting simply seeks to provoke public outrage and does nothing to actually increase understanding of the justice system. 

yes, yes ,yes if some one is violent to another as in this case, yes. Let out debtors, shop lifters, othe non violent crime and lock em up,zero tolerance.

3 minutes ago, willman said:

Not the kids. The club makes enough to cover our overheads, a few extra bodies doesn't cost us any more.

if the kids done pay who does?