Increase in knife crime.

1 hour ago, woodview said:

Agree. Should do it routinely to anyone they feel warrants it. Why not issue them the little hand held metal detectors used at airports and events. That works without major disgruntlement and is quick 

A recepie for abuse and harrassment. I wouldn't fancy being a black man under those circumstances :?

Edited by Magilla

9 minutes ago, Magilla said:

A right wing wet dream, but I don't carry a knife or don't go around stabbing people.... why should I be subject to the indignity and inconvenience of being stopped and searched ?

It's rife for abuse, intimidation and harrassment of anyone the police feel like. Carte blanche for bent coppers and authoritarian governments.

Quite frankly, an utterly stupid, ill thought out idea that the public would and should rightly be outraged by.

I don't blow aeroplanes up, why should I be subject to the indignity of having my clothes and luggage searched 🙄

Typical do-gooder, happy to see kids getting stabbed daily for some non-existent benefit . Luckily most people don't share your opinions.

Watching BBC News this morning, the solution - according to the police and the woman interviewed - seems to be just more police.

While I'm sure it would help, I don't hear much about parenting.

Just now, woodview said:

I don't blow aeroplanes up, why should I be subject to the indignity of having my clothes and luggage searched 🙄

... because you're going on a plane... maybe?

As usual,  you didn't think that one through did you :hihi:

Just now, woodview said:

Typical do-gooder, happy to see kids getting stabbed daily for some non-existent benefit . Luckily most people don't share your opinions.

LOL, and you're so sure of that are you? I say most people won't accept being stopped and searched based on a whim.

Of course, to do that stop there have to be the police to do it, perhaps a more fundamental factor that could be tried before we start throwing away our rights.

Just now, Magilla said:

... because you're going on a plane... maybe?

As usual,  you didn't think that one through did you :hihi:

LOL, and you're so sure of that are you? I say most people won't accept being stopped and searched based on a whim.

Of course, to do that stop there have to be the police to do it, perhaps a more fundamental factor that could be tried before we start throwing away our rights.

Cool, you protect the rights of people to go round stabbing others. The rest of the grown ups will discuss how to prevent it in a fair and sensible way.

20 minutes ago, Magilla said:

A recepie for abuse and harrassment. I wouldn't fancy being a black man under those circumstances :?

Precisely...

That's why they don"t do it, lets have a 6months blitz, every available policeman out stopping and searching at random, then lets have a look at knife crime figures, bet you would see a dramatic fall.

There was something on the news this morning that more metal detectors are going to be deployed in London. To enter certain parts of the city you have got to go through these arched shaped detectors. The police said they are going to become a more familiar sight in the city.

Nice to know that certain parts of the city are being made safe and hopefully knife free.

BORIS JOHNSON: Until we tackle the PC squeamishness over stop and search, bone-headed thugs will carry knives with no fear of the law

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-6775425/Boris-Johnson-PC-squeamishness.html?fbclid=IwAR2Vjbn0T4LWgIJrcqc5YUVW6UHUStjWS1Fv6K-4V_xsDe7dIkwQRInYqjc

Ignore the  "Boris writes for the DM" its just a copy and paste from his social media account.

2 hours ago, woodview said:

Agree. Should do it routinely to anyone they feel warrants it. Why not issue them the little hand held metal detectors used at airports and events. That works without major disgruntlement and is quick 

That's a good point, no physical contact. Surely no one would object to that taking place - would they.

Angel1.

13 minutes ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

That's a good point, no physical contact. Surely no one would object to that taking place - would they.

Angel1.

Only if they've got a knife.......

Plus, easy way to diffuse the whole thing is make it clear nearly everybody is going to be done, especially under 25 males. Then it's clear it's not race or background.

People get searched every week going into football and nobodies kicking off about it. Just get on with it.

47 minutes ago, woodview said:

Only if they've got a knife.......

or they're getting stopped, several times a day.

and or the police are being rude and abusive.

and or any behaviour not overtly meek, subservient, and compliant is treated with threats and hostility.

or all of the above.

i'm white, old and boring. i'm not so blind that i can't see my life is made a lot easier by my age and skin colour.

Edited by ads36