Trying to get my music heard

Ava,

I listened to your songs and I'm sorry to say that I found them very boring.  They all sounded the same.      👎

4 hours ago, francypants said:

Ava,

I listened to your songs and I'm sorry to say that I found them very boring.  They all sounded the same.      👎

Any advice on how I can improve?

Cannot agree with other post. They don't sound the same at all, and certainly not boring.

The only advice I would give is perhaps add another instrument to the mix, perhaps a violin (on the third track) or a subtle bass/piano to bring the mood out more, but I like your heartfelt style!  Keep it up 

On 11/28/2018 at 7:23 PM, mancmart said:

Cannot agree with other post. They don't sound the same at all, and certainly not boring.

The only advice I would give is perhaps add another instrument to the mix, perhaps a violin (on the third track) or a subtle bass/piano to bring the mood out more, but I like your heartfelt style!  Keep it up 

Aww thank you very much. Yeah I would like to add other instruments but I'm not very techy. Would you be able to recommend any software I can use to edit tracks etc?

Sadly not, I'm an old fashioned technophobe! But I am sure there's people on this forum who can give that advice.

There are gadgets like boss Br stuff but I think today's computers are more versatile for such things.

Hi Ava, agree with Mancmart, more of a production issue than a content issue. Good songs and singing. You could download Cakewalk by Bandlab, its free and has Plugins, virtual instruments. You would need an audio interface and a midi keyboard. Private Message me if you want any help.

Mick

Hi Ava - this is not really my type of music; Jazz is my thing.  Having said that I do think you have talent. I really like the song Chin up, but without being nasty, not the way you sing it.  At 143 beats per minute it just seems really fast to me. I played it on my Saxophone at 107 bpm and it sounded so much nicer.  But what do I know - not really my kind of music so just my opinion. 

1 hour ago, Conn6m said:

Hi Ava - this is not really my type of music; Jazz is my thing.  Having said that I do think you have talent. I really like the song Chin up, but without being nasty, not the way you sing it.  At 143 beats per minute it just seems really fast to me. I played it on my Saxophone at 107 bpm and it sounded so much nicer.  But what do I know - not really my kind of music so just my opinion. 

Thank you, I will try it at a slower pace. I'm actually also a big fan of jazz, if you know any nice chord progressions I can use or anything at all that would be great

Ava, you have some good songs and a great voice. My suggestion is that you play live - play open mics, play parties, play live any time you can - people need to hear you live, recognise the talent and look you up. Think about doing covers also - a cover of a popular song will turn over a fair number of hits just because it's a popular song. If your cover is any good it can draw lots of listeners into your original material.

8 hours ago, Halibut said:

Ava, you have some good songs and a great voice. My suggestion is that you play live - play open mics, play parties, play live any time you can - people need to hear you live, recognise the talent and look you up. Think about doing covers also - a cover of a popular song will turn over a fair number of hits just because it's a popular song. If your cover is any good it can draw lots of listeners into your original material.

Thanks!

On 12/7/2018 at 10:44 PM, Ava_ said:

Thank you, I will try it at a slower pace. I'm actually also a big fan of jazz, if you know any nice chord progressions I can use or anything at all that would be great

I would be really careful about using harmony until you really know what you are doing.  A Robert Johnson blues would sound a bit strange with Jazz chord substitution. Please watch my video HTPB 12: The spiritual aspect (first 15 minutes or so) to understand what I mean about ruining a song with too many strange sounding chords; sometimes simpler is better.  Again, my opinion on music.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkVIFNh38jc&index=12&list=PLVv3MW1LdQ3u5TWsEKURDZkn4Tiublu_1

Edited by Conn6m