Jump to content

A new influx of boat people from france.

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, tinfoilhat said:

Well, due to cuts and chronic lack of man power I believe we have 2 Royal Navy ships that cover the UK.

 

And what your suggesting (invading french waters) is bordering on war, war with a trading partner, a nato partner to boot. It’s not up to the french to enforce OUR border.

so you think its ok for the french to let these people risk their lives to get on british soil and not do the decent thing and look after them :loopy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, ricgem2002 said:

so you think its ok for the french to let these people risk their lives to get on british soil and not do the decent thing and look after them :loopy:

If they want to be helped in France, I’m sure France will help. But these Iranian immigrants aren’t just rowing out on a lilo from a french beach in broad daylight, they’re no doubt being dropped someway out from a proper boat, be it a fishing boat, pleasure boat etc. I’m not sure how you stop that. And if they get dropped off in our waters they’re our problem. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, tinfoilhat said:

If they want to be helped in France, I’m sure France will help. But these Iranian immigrants aren’t just rowing out on a lilo from a french beach in broad daylight, they’re no doubt being dropped someway out from a proper boat, be it a fishing boat, pleasure boat etc. I’m not sure how you stop that. And if they get dropped off in our waters they’re our problem. 

can you explain what help the french have given them over the years seeing as they are in france and in words you used theyre their problem 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

There is a rising number of people crossing the Channel, even though the weather has been terrible.  It raises a couple of questions,Wwhy do they pass through several Countries where they could settle, just to get to France, then onto our shores. hat should we do with the people we rescue from the seas. If we allow them to come here, does it encourage even more to risk death to land on British soil, knowing if they get here the chance of removing them is almost zero. What is the great attraction of this Country that you would risk death to get here.

 

Angel1

1/ They see us as a soft touch 

 

2/ send them straight back where they came from .

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Penistone999 said:

1/ They see us as a soft touch 

 

 

Aye, they've heard how easy it is to get hold of knock-off fags and red diesel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

 What is the great attraction of this Country that you would risk death to get here.

 

Angel1

Maybe they want to move next door to you?

50 minutes ago, ricgem2002 said:

can you explain what help the french have given them over the years seeing as they are in france and in words you used theyre their problem 

no as we arent french or live in france?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ricgem2002 said:

can you explain what help the french have given them over the years seeing as they are in france and in words you used theyre their problem 

If I’ve understood it correctly, they haven’t been living in France, they’ve been living Serbia, some in hotels for an extended period of time. The Serbs and the Iranians had some sort of free movement deal or something and plane loads flew to Serbia, only a lot haven’t flown back. A train ride here, bus ride there and bosh - you’re in Calais, hooking up with a pre-paid people smuggler of your choosing.

 

Lets imagine we’ve a load of immigrants who wanted to dash across the channel from UK to France, but you don’t know where they are or who they are. How do you stop them?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, tinfoilhat said:

If I’ve understood it correctly, they haven’t been living in France, they’ve been living Serbia, some in hotels for an extended period of time. The Serbs and the Iranians had some sort of free movement deal or something and plane loads flew to Serbia, only a lot haven’t flown back. A train ride here, bus ride there and bosh - you’re in Calais, hooking up with a pre-paid people smuggler of your choosing.

 

Lets imagine we’ve a load of immigrants who wanted to dash across the channel from UK to France, but you don’t know where they are or who they are. How do you stop them?

The French Navy might make more of an effort to stop them reaching the French coast in their little boats then they do in preventing little boats containing  migrants heading towards the Kent coast. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, tinfoilhat said:

 

 

Lets imagine we’ve a load of immigrants who wanted to dash across the channel from UK to France, but you don’t know where they are or who they are. How do you stop them?

Ha, we've  already stopped them by giving them bigger benefits. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Lockdoctor said:

The French Navy might make more of an effort to stop them reaching the French coast in their little boats then they do in preventing little boats containing  migrants heading towards the Kent coast. 

The French Navy haven't got a base on the Channel - and they don't try to stop people crossing the Med from Africa. Plus most migrants enter France on the mainland - you can go by land all the way from France to China or South Africa without crossing a sea - France  isn't an island

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/28/2018 at 9:59 AM, ANGELFIRE1 said:

There is a rising number of people crossing the Channel, even though the weather has been terrible.  It raises a couple of questions, why do they pass through several Countries where they could settle, just to get to France, then onto our shores.

 

Angel1

This has been answered so many times on this forum, the only reason you don't know the answer is that you don't want to know the answer.

 

What should we do with the people we rescue from the seas. If we allow them to come here, does it encourage even more to risk death to land on British soil, knowing if they get here the chance of removing them is almost zero. What is the great attraction of this Country that you would risk death to get here.

This is just wrong, what makes you think that there is a low chance of deporting them if we determine that they are not refugees or legally here and are in fact economic migrants?  (What makes you think that people would risk their lives for purely economic reasons as well?)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/29/2018 at 9:46 AM, Lockdoctor said:

The French Navy might make more of an effort to stop them reaching the French coast in their little boats then they do in preventing little boats containing  migrants heading towards the Kent coast. 

Boat-borne refugees and illegals in the Mediterranean don’t wade in French national waters, because the crossings are too long. They wade across shorter seas stretches in the Ionian (Greece) and Adriatic (Sicily) seas.

 

The French navy has regularly contributed boats and other assets  to Operation Triton, likewise Italy (which had conducted its own Operation Mare Nostrum, that Triton replaced), Spain, Germany, The Netherlands, the U.K. and more, even little Croatia and Ireland.

 

People smuggling across the Channel is undertaken by professional gangs of criminals, mostly of Eastern Europe but often as not including locals (French, Brits) with extensive networks on both sides of the Channel, effectively delivering labour and sex slaves door-to-door. French and British police collaborate routinely about this scourge, and have done so for years.

 

Unsurprisingly, bothering to do one’s homework for understanding the factual reality and complexity of issues, is significantly more taxing than regurgitating ignorant one-liner views, like an obedient pet when whistled by its tabloid masters.

Edited by L00b

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.