A new influx of boat people from france.

Apparently now that it's considered a 'Major incident' by the Home Office & Home Sec., Sajiv Javid, who will be speaking to his French counterpart, one concern is the role of the people trafficking gangs. 

Well in the past couple of weeks I've seen two undercover news reports from both the BBC & Sky clearly showing the faces of two different men offering to traffic people over to the UK for between £4k to £6k.  

Might be a good idea to start with these two? 

Another good idea might be to ask the French why they aren't securing their other borders with mainland Europe & are they happy with the fact that their own country is flooded with illegal immigrants? 

Edited by Baron99
Amendments

I'm not bothered by any alternative reason, they just come here for the benefits that they are given, stop that and you will stop the never ending flow of these people.

On 12/28/2018 at 7:07 PM, ANGELFIRE1 said:

"On 11/3/2018 at 1 26 Lockdoctor said ;

The subject is about little boats or dinghies containing economic migrants heading towards the English coast.  

They used the same description on the television news."

So it would seem that the telly news broadcasts are very simple as well.

I must admit it gives me personal satisfaction to be able to respond to show how a poster who has tried to denigrate me, is made to look foolish. As per the original post, have a nice day, I hope I have not spoiled it for you.😂

Eee by gum, int life just grand.

Angel1.

How are you proven ‘right’ Angel? Just because you get swept up in a government fabricated story about a ‘flood of migrants’ doesn’t mean you can denigrate these people to be ‘boat people’ or indeed demonstrate that this hasn’t been happening for centuries. 

This thread makes me wonder what all those calling for refugees to be stopped (or even sunk, as some have called!), would have called the Vikings and the Normans heading towards the English coast in their little boats for economic gain, and that may well be part of their ascendency? ;) 

Perhaps Sajid should suggest to these refugees, that they bring insulin and fresh veg with them. It'll be cheaper and more effective than £14m's worth of taxpayers' hard-earned for inexistent ferries :twisted:

2 hours ago, lazarus said:

I'm not bothered by any alternative reason, they just come here for the benefits that they are given, stop that and you will stop the never ending flow of these people.

How can you possibly still believe this?

Do you live in a fact free zone, fed entirely by the daily hate?

On 11/28/2018 at 3:50 PM, max said:

Probably the same thing was said by the previous occupants, West Indian, Irish or Pakistani before they all improved their lots and moved to more salubrious suburbs.

The West indies and the Pakistani's were invited over here when we had lower levels of unemployment. We needed workers so its not the same. Ireland it was a free border and at one point part of the United Kingdom.  

Edited by woodmally

3 hours ago, lazarus said:

I am bothered about the alternative reasons. I'd love to know if there is one. I suspect there isnt.  Why are they paying thousands to flee a safe EU country?  France has its problems but its not war torn or dangerous (unless you count them yellow vested workshy anarchists you see on the news).

1 minute ago, woodmally said:

I am bothered about the alternative reasons. I'd love to know if there is one. I suspect there isnt.  Why are they paying thousands to flee a safe EU country?  France has its problems but its not war torn or dangerous (unless you count them yellow vested workshy anarchists you see on the news).

They don't all speak English and are rather good at detecting and deporting illegals there. It's the compulsory ID cards and stop-and-produce police powers, see (but Brits don't want them, so, erm, well...).

And they didn't use to have a multi-centennial close relationship with Iran, unlike the UK.

For the rest of it, you've got about 80 days left to ship'em back out under the (EU) Dublin Regulations. These cease to apply to the UK on 30 March 2019. Meaning you won't be able to easily ship them back across the Channel, you'll have to charter them back to Iran (when their asylum claim inevitably fails, under Sajid's HO tenure).

Edited by L00b

26 minutes ago, woodmally said:

The West indies and the Pakistani's were invited over here when we had lower levels of unemployment. We needed workers so its not the same. Ireland it was a free border and at one point part of the United Kingdom.  

You mean the seventies? When unemployment was around 4%? A bit like it is now? https://www.ons.gov.uk/employmentandlabourmarket/peoplenotinwork/unemployment/timeseries/mgsx/lms

Also, let's not conflate migrants with refugees, they are not the same. Reasons refugees want to come here: Most of the refugees speak English, those that don't speak at least some Arabic, both are common languages in the UK, certainly used enough to get by on. They believe that the UK is a liberal place, welcoming of refugees. They believe they can build a life here, even if illegal, because the British don't have rigid enough checks and procedures.

As L00b points out, in France (and actually most of the continent) there is an identification duty on all citizens. Ie. if I walk around the Netherlands and can't produce ID I can get arrested (in practice I won't be, but the option is there). If I work in the Netherlands, I have to not just have a NS number, I also need to have a registration with a local authority and demonstrate proof of it. Both are non-existent here. Top that off with a far more developed refugee-process in the Netherlands and most other places in Western Europe, if you arrive as a refugee you get to live in a camp whilst awaiting all background checks, if you fail those checks of legitimacy you get deported. So Iranians tend to get sent back, as do many others who arrive with an 'economic migrant motive'.

Why is the system not as rigid in the UK? Because your government never considered it a problem. What did the government do to fix that? Ask you whether you wanted to leave the EU and conflate migration with refugeeship.

On 11/28/2018 at 9:59 AM, ANGELFIRE1 said:

There is a rising number of people crossing the Channel, even though the weather has been terrible.

Angel1

I think you should change the title of this thread, it is rather misleading.

An influx is ""an arrival or entry of large numbers of people or things"".

The title is worthy of a Nigel Farage poster.

3 hours ago, El Cid said:

I think you should change the title of this thread, it is rather misleading.

An influx is ""an arrival or entry of large numbers of people or things"".

The title is worthy of a Nigel Farage poster.

Yes - "trickle" would be far more appropriate. 

8 hours ago, Cyclone said:

How can you possibly still believe this?

Do you live in a fact free zone, fed entirely by the daily hate?

As opposed to an internet based zone driven entirely by Google, maybe he just sees things at a more street based level